Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

To the big plunge and ordered my christmas present

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: To the big plunge and ordered my christmas present

BTW I wouldnt put the Gt struts and springs on either, Just keep the sways, You could sell the springs and struts and get save up and get an awesome suspension like tokico struts and eibach springs.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmhines

The GT take-off parts is just like buying any other body kit ... what's the big deal? Plus the parts fit perfectly, are pre-painted and cost way less. Now ... adding GT fender emblems would be kina silly though ...
[sm=exactly.gif]

How about giving the GT Clone thing a rest...

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Because the GT looks so much better.
IMHO, Beaustang, I disagree. I initially thought of doing the GT body kit thing, but after spending an hour or so staring at a GT an taking measurements I decided I liked the way the V6 looked better. The GT body kit actually adds about 2 inches to the bodies vertical dimension front and rear and the painted rocker panels (required to make the GT front and rear fascia work together visually) make the whole middle of the body look thicker. Kind of the opposite of what use to be called channeling back in the early hot rod days (cutting an inch or two horizontally out of the middle of the body to make the car lower). The V6 with the GT grille looks a lot like the classic 69 which was always one of my favorite Mustangs. When I first realized how close the resemblance was, I went down to Dallas Mustang and test fit 69 front spoiler. The fit was so close I purchased one and am in the process of trying to figure a way to mount it to the Mustang front fascia.

On the rebadging issue. I personally have a problem with this to some extent but when I consider things like the Super Snake by Unique Performance I'm less sure I really do. The Super Snake is basically a modified and rebadged Mustang, but what they are trying to achieve is an updated replica of a classic Shelby GT500. I'm not so sure that is entirely a bad thing, so if someone wants to make a Shelby GT350 replica, why not? It might not be your thing, but if someone is a huge fan of Shelby, why not pay him the ultimate tribute?

In any event, the way a car looks only matters to the owner. If he or she is happy with it, so be it. No one else's opinion really matters.

Blah, blah, blah. Ok enough, I'm shutting up. For now... [sm=smiley2.gif]
Old 10-25-2006, 10:54 PM
merlinsrealm
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

BTW I wouldnt put the Gt struts and springs on either, Just keep the sways, You could sell the springs and struts and get save up and get an awesome suspension like tokico struts and eibach springs.

The shocks and springs will be the last thing I put on anyways so by the time I decide to do it I may just go with something else. but for the price you cant beat it.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:58 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

I have no probs with people doing the body kits to thier cars, hey its all them. I kind of don't like rebadging to another model GT, SHELBY 500 but hey there is a market out there for that too. As long as the car looks good and you are happy...well whatever.
Funny the orig poster said the car rides better with the GT suspension I always heard the V6 rides better...UM!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:06 PM
merlinsrealm
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmays06

I have no probs with people doing the body kits to thier cars, hey its all them. I kind of don't like rebadging to another model GT, SHELBY 500 but hey there is a market out there for that too. As long as the car looks good and you are happy...well whatever.
Funny the orig poster said the car rides better with the GT suspension I always heard the V6 rides better...UM!
Not sure why people say the v6's ride better. 16" wheels and tires that do not hold the road well, lousy cornering with no rear swaybar and a thin front swaybar. The shocks are better valved to absorb the road alot more. Hands down the GT has a better handling package than a V6 and to put that on my car at a fraction of the price.

There will be no GT Badging on my car. I love my 4.0 and makes a great DD. I would like to get the pony badges for the fenders that come with the pony package.

Eric
Old 10-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Yeah the stock tires suck get rid of them ASAP, LOL! BTW I put the PP emblems on mine to they look awesome it gives it a perfect touch.

ORIGINAL: merlinsrealm

Not sure why people say the v6's ride better. 16" wheels and tires that do not hold the road well, lousy cornering with no rear swaybar and a thin front swaybar. The shocks are better valved to absorb the road alot more. Hands down the GT has a better handling package than a V6 and to put that on my car at a fraction of the price.

There will be no GT Badging on my car. I love my 4.0 and makes a great DD. I would like to get the pony badges for the fenders that come with the pony package.

Eric
Old 10-25-2006, 11:29 PM
merlinsrealm
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

Yeah the stock tires suck get rid of them ASAP, LOL! BTW I put the PP emblems on mine to they look awesome it gives it a perfect touch.

ORIGINAL: merlinsrealm

Eric

I have take-off wheels and tires on order from saleen, Probably wont see them till Christmas though!!!! LOL