Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Front Bumper..AGAIN!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 11:10 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GT Front Bumper..AGAIN!!

Hey v6 venom.. i need to ask you a real quick off topic question.. i want to make my cars ear shiny black like yours.. tail lights and center.. how can i do that? where can i get the package?

thanks..
Old 10-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

well do you want to do it half *** and wrong or would you rather do it Right? i say get the extra parts....but dont come back here saying oh my bumper fell off. lol jk i bought the extra parts, a lot of people say they see no difference.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Doodad, this site will let you experiment with body design changes to your GT including installation of the tail light covers and back panel.

http://www.ponybuilder.com/home.html

Old 10-27-2006, 03:24 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

Doodad, this site will let you experiment with body design changes to your GT including installation of the tail light covers and back panel.

http://www.ponybuilder.com/home.html

i appriciated it!
Old 10-27-2006, 03:26 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Horrific_Ending

well do you want to do it half *** and wrong or would you rather do it Right? i say get the extra parts....but dont come back here saying oh my bumper fell off. lol jk i bought the extra parts, a lot of people say they see no difference.
the only difference i see between your car and GT is that pony emblem on the side of the car..GT has GT emblem.. looks awesome and sure you did a good job, but are you as fast as GT now? if not when you lose a race, people probably get so excited cuz they think they beat a GT..
Old 10-27-2006, 10:40 AM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doodad

Hey v6 venom.. i need to ask you a real quick off topic question.. i want to make my cars ear shiny black like yours.. tail lights and center.. how can i do that? where can i get the package?

thanks..

Doodad I bought mine from californiamustang.com. I actually only paid for the taillight covers. For some reason they gave me the center panel for free..I had to shave a little off the edges of the center panel because it didnt fit with the light covers and it was getting pushed. here are the links for each of them. installation was simple. 3m adhesive. I do know another site that offers the blackout panel in magnetic not adhesive if you are interested. I am actually thinking about changing mine to magnetic.

Blackout Panel-http://store.cal-mustang.com/showdetl-7-9167-25-0.html
Taillight Covers-http://store.cal-mustang.com/showdetl-7-9166-25-0.html
Old 10-27-2006, 10:45 AM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

doodad, just copy and paste those links. and as for being nervous as a father lol I just want to get it done in one shot without ****ing it up. My front bumper has damage from a piece of wood that flew off a truck and hit me and it irks me to see it there. Not to mention I need the GT bumper so my grille will sit right. It sits a little high and everytime I turn my fog lights on people start high beaming me cuz they think I have my high beams on cuz they sit high lol But the halos look better anyway so most of the time I don't even bother putting the fogs on, but still I don't want to blind ppl, ya feel me. And I'm not one to mess **** up. I like to do it right. So I guess I will just get the extra parts and be done with it. Thanks for everyones input.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

True, but i a lot of people i know dont even know the difference in my car. Everytime i show them they are like so what did you do to it?
Old 10-27-2006, 11:46 AM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

u mean they dont know the difference in the bumpers?
Old 10-27-2006, 11:52 AM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doodad

ORIGINAL: Horrific_Ending

the only difference i see between your car and GT is that pony emblem on the side of the car..GT has GT emblem.. looks awesome and sure you did a good job, but are you as fast as GT now? if not when you lose a race, people probably get so excited cuz they think they beat a GT..

you are def right..but heres how I see it, the normal person, ricer, etc, wont notice the difference but anyone who loves their mustangs like we do will know the difference, unless somebody has completely cloned the GT. Then from the outside how can we really tell ya know? But anybody who looks at my car and owns the 05 Mustang should know right away whats stock and whats not and if I have a V6 or a GT. Well thats how I feel anyway. I am into the little details of the car.

Quick Reply: GT Front Bumper..AGAIN!!