Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

procharger question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 04:42 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: procharger question

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

Yeah, I definately trust Rygen when it comes to 4.0 matters. He sent me this link also. He suggested a turbocharger because it causes less strain on the engine, but I really like the XCharger at this point.
I'm still a newb myself. One thing to factor in is labor for install vs. install yourself. Typical labor w/tune is 1K to 1.3K for these kits. This is where the X shines, it installs in 6 hours and is the easiest to install by the do-it-yourself'er.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:10 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

If you get a supercharger i have to reccomend the procharger. Im vortech but have had both but that procharger is definetely out of this world. Never have tryed the paxton or xcharger though so i dunno bout that. Maybe one day ill see afixers car in person and see the xcharger looks pretty cool
Old 10-30-2006, 10:23 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Personally, it's up to you. You've put time and money into your V6. Time and money you will not get back. Sure, you might sell it for a bit more than a stock V6.... but the time is lost forever.

Our engines did not start far below our V8 brothers. 210 crank HP vs 300 crank HP. 240 crank HP vs 320 crank HP.

Your decision should be on sound and your final HP goal. If you're looking for more than 500 RWHP, the V6 is probably not the greatest choice. My personal goal for my V6 is 500 RWHP, but who the hell knows how streetable that will be if/when I achive it.

As for price/bang-for-the-buck, I feel you can't beat the V6.... especially considering insurance. I should be sitting around 350 RWHP right now, and my new heads/cams come today. We'll see what happens with that.

Think wisely, as others have said. Either way, you don't want to make a decision you'll regret.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:59 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

edit post flapjack lol
240tq vs 320tq
Old 10-31-2006, 01:21 PM
bennihill
2nd Gear Member

thanks guys for all your opinions. i have decided on the paxton. 500 hp is subconsciously my goal but on the surface i don't care about the hp numbers. 350 just sounds good, thats all. i just want something that can spank most other cars. and when i tell em its a six it will baffle them.

and rygen, you should have came to me when you needed your turbo installed. i'm half taco bender and i woulda done it for a couple six packs. i have replaced whole turbo systems on the big 6.3 liter diesel hmmwv's before. about seven actually. when something goes wrong with them they just order the whole the whole kit and my NCO instructs me to replace it. the first two times i got confused but after that it just became routine. never installed a s/c before but i'm sure it's easier.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:48 PM
Sick Six
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone looked at or own the ProCharger Race II System
where you can run it at 10psi or 12psi? Just wondering cause
I found it here......

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05v6ati.htm

Just wondering if anyone got this. Also is that system at all streetable as far
as a daily driven car?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:08 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sick Six

I found it here......

as a daily driven car?
That is the same kit Flapjack, Armycook (12.8) and Ranebowcyxx (12.9) have. I've driven Ranebowcyxx's car, its very streetable.

@Benhill,

Thanks for the offer dude.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Sick Six
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: Sick Six

I found it here......

as a daily driven car?
That is the same kit Flapjack, Armycook (12.8) and Ranebowcyxx (12.9) have. I've driven Ranebowcyxx's car, its very streetable.

@Benhill,

Thanks for the offer dude.
Thanks Rygen, that's what I was thinking. So about how much horsepower and torque
are Flapjack ARmycook and Ranebowcyxx netting?
Old 11-01-2006, 03:00 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Varies depending on the pulley used. But many are 300-320rwhp and 290-310rwtq I believe.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:16 PM
asp
1st Gear Member

I just ordered a stage 2 Procharger for my beast. Can't wait till it's installed. Anyone know how hard it is to install one. My son works for a performance shop so he'll do the install but I'll probably have to give him some coin for his effort. Also, for those that have one are they everything you thought they would be?

Quick Reply: procharger question