Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hi All from Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 04:08 PM
cstigger04
2nd Gear Member

Default Hi All from Iraq

Hi all again, its been about 5 months since I have posted but I am back now. Let me say first that after being shot at more times than I can count, Blown up once by an IED, and having to smell the foul air here in Iraq, that I most certianly can't wait for the next 29 or less days to go by. Then I will be home and driving my 05 Mustang that I bought new in march of 05. Curently the MODS have changed even as we speak, I got the windows tinted to 10% all the way around, and true Duals are finally on...I can't wait to hear it, I'll probably pop a woody driving home. Since I have been out of country for a very long time can you all hook me up with some info on some stuff...I'm looking for 18 deep dish bullits and a CAI w/tunner for a start. Thanks again
Old 10-30-2006, 04:24 PM
boss 244
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hi All from Iraq

glad your safe, we're ready for you!
Old 10-30-2006, 04:32 PM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

Let me be the first on here to thank you for your service and I'm glad you are ok after all that. Hopefully the next days will be uneventful and pass quickly for you. As someone who has served and been deployed more than I was in garrison I know how those last days seem to never go fast enough. As for the wheels I can't be much help there but for a CAI and Tuner I just ordered mine from John at Tunable Inductions he hooked me up with a great price and it will be painted to match my car. Since you are making that "big imminent dager pay" LOL, price isn't an issue for you alot of people like Doug at Bamachips(still not badpricing). I may even order some tunes from him later on. Again stay safe and don't forget to duck.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:35 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Thank you for what you do for us! Can't wait for you to come home and tell us about your plans for the stang. Lots of new options for your car now. We got two guys testing new heads from SSM this month!!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 04:38 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

I'd also like to thank you for your service. It is definitely appreciated. Hope your last days there are safe. My brother is in the Marines and is in Japan so I am definitely more grateful than the average for your service. But as for the rims. You can go to www.americanmuscle.com formerly mustangtuning.com. They have the 18" DD Bullits. I am actually myself looking at the black. The prices arent that bad and they offer free shipping. You can also purchase tires from them. Good Luck and return home safely.

Semper Fi
Old 10-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

thank you so much for your service to this country man. That's gotta be a life-changing experience. Glad to hear you're okay and that you're comin back soon!
Old 10-30-2006, 06:18 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Thanks. I don't know how else to put it. My family has been involved in WW2 and Vietnam, and I am currently contemplating signing up for the Army against my entire family's interest. I don't have much time before I make my decision as I am a senior in high school. But no matter what I decide, I am very thankful for the men and women of the Armed Forces and everything they do to protect the freedom of the open road that I so love! Good luck in your last few weeks over in hell! Get back safe!

[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=thanx.gif][sm=patriot.gif][sm=usa.gif]
Old 10-30-2006, 06:31 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

Thank you for your service to this country and glad that we are fighting those bastards on their shores instead of ours. We are behind you 200%. Good luck on the mods.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:39 PM
05BlackPony
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for all that you are doing for this country! Keep safe, and comeback soon!
Enjoy being back with the 'Stang!

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 10-30-2006, 08:11 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

I know exactly how you feel. I was over there 2 yrs ago. Just be safe and if there was a way I could i buy you a cold one.