Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Twin screw a possibility?

Old 11-03-2006, 12:47 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Twin screw a possibility?

Sorry dude, but I think your conclusions are all wrong; 1) I don't think the number of people who think the V6 looks better than the GT is very large. 2) The majority of people don't mod their cars at all (performance wise) even GT owners. 3) I agree that people buy V6's for affordability reasons, but most don't do major power adders. Look at the X-Charger, there are probably only a handfull on the street. There are probably more Vortech's and turbos but the total number of FI V6's is pretty low. Bottom line is that there is a relatively small market for V6 FI potential, most people would would spend the money on nitrous before a blower. Just my opinion.
ORIGINAL: Hicompression

When the '05 4.0 V6 came out, I sent an email to Kenne Bell to ask if they had considered building a twin screw set-up for this engine combination. They practically laughed at me and told me that for the cost, why not just buy a GT?

I'm glad to hear that someone is at least considering the business. The number of V6's outnumber the GT's by almost 3 to 1. Can you imagine the sales potential? There are a lot of people that own the V6 because they prefer the looks of the V6 over the GT. And...there are a lot of people that bought a V6 because they wanted to mod it for "sleeper" potential (which is why I would buy one). And lastly the majority of people buy the V6 for affordability reasons. A lot of these people now have cash in their pockets and wouldn't mind paying an extra 3-5K for a supercharger mod. To me a supercharged or turboed V6 mustang is much more appealing than a stock 3V GT. I'm just saying...

Old 11-03-2006, 01:04 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

i agree^
Old 11-03-2006, 12:35 PM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

+2, BEAUSTANG you da man !!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

Double sorry dude, but if Henry Ford had been as negative as you are, he never would have built the first automobile and you wouldn't be driving a Mustang right now, you would more than likely be driving a riced out 4 cylinder made in Japan...

You're biased anyway...you drive a GT.

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Sorry dude, but I think your conclusions are all wrong; 1) I don't think the number of people who think the V6 looks better than the GT is very large. 2) The majority of people don't mod their cars at all (performance wise) even GT owners. 3) I agree that people buy V6's for affordability reasons, but most don't do major power adders. Look at the X-Charger, there are probably only a handfull on the street. There are probably more Vortech's and turbos but the total number of FI V6's is pretty low. Bottom line is that there is a relatively small market for V6 FI potential, most people would would spend the money on nitrous before a blower. Just my opinion.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:24 PM
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

That's a 6 not a GT. I think he's just being realistic thats all. Most shops are not good in marketing IMO. If they really want more people to buy their products, cut down the cost in half! Lets do a little math...

$4,000 x 20 cars = $80,000....

$2,500 x 100 cars = $250,000....

I think there will be 3 to 4 times more people going FI for that price.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:08 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I wasn't being negative and I drive a six and I DO plane on a SC down the road. I was just saying that the masses that buy six's don't have any intention of putting 5 to 7k in power adders. And don't assume what I might drive, I've always been a domestic car buyer; I've owned 15 vehicles and one was Japanese (Toyota truck) and two German, the rest American.
ORIGINAL: Hicompression

Double sorry dude, but if Henry Ford had been as negative as you are, he never would have built the first automobile and you wouldn't be driving a Mustang right now, you would more than likely be driving a riced out 4 cylinder made in Japan...

You're biased anyway...you drive a GT.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:50 AM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

The GT grill fooled me...

I wasn't being negative and I drive a six...
Old 11-04-2006, 04:40 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chuckcsf

That's a 6 not a GT. I think he's just being realistic thats all. Most shops are not good in marketing IMO. If they really want more people to buy their products, cut down the cost in half! Lets do a little math...

$4,000 x 20 cars = $80,000....

$2,500 x 100 cars = $250,000....

I think there will be 3 to 4 times more people going FI for that price.
yea, but since most of the kits that cost about 4 grand cost near 2500 bucks to produce, their profit would drop like a bitch!