Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Twin screw a possibility?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 09:48 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default Twin screw a possibility?

well the guys at the cobalt forums are talking about swapping from roots to twin screws and one of them found a source that would be willing. now i am almost positive that the market for a twin screw on the 4.0 would be larger than that of the cobalts. From the guys running http://www.pse.us/ . i guess the guy said he could produce one wih an intercooler set up for about 5-6k which is actually pretty good considering it would be a custom kit and if the potential market is great enough he would create a kit to produce. I myself am very interested in doing this, but he would need your car for close to a month because he is a total perfectionist, and my stang is my only car so i can't sacrifice that much time. If any of you are interested, i will make contact with him thru the guys at the cobalt forums and put you in touch. somebody jump on this a twin screw would be insane.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:03 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Twin screw a possibility?

wow 54 views and 0 posts....come on guys!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:05 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

doesnt really seem worth it for 6k and one month
Old 11-01-2006, 10:11 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

im waiting for one of those people that don't drive their stang in winter...what will it matter to them if it is gone for one month. and with install 6k really isn't too bad for what you would get. think about this. a properly set up, intercooled, twin screw could make torque as fast as the x charger, but make far more and run peak numbers up with the turbo at comparable boost while being even more bling blingin than the x-charger. i just need somebody that might be interested so i can talk to this guy about it and they might get a good deal if he really plans on making a kit to produce. hell maybe be under 5k, i just dont want to talk to him if NOBODY is interested because i don't want to lead him into something then just pull out because i personally can not give up my car for a month.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:18 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

i drive my stang on the weekends so i could get rid of it im just saying for something thats not proven yet and could possibly damage the engine being th first one. It just doesnt seem appealing. Maybe im just biased though because i already have one
Old 11-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Mansmadlogic
1st Gear Member

even a perfectionest i cannt see a frigen month to have my car
Old 11-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

a month? What is he OCD? Does he run around and touch all 4 corners of the car everytime he tightens a bolt? lol
on the other note, i too would like to see it, but i'd rather have sum1 else do it because it would be the first one like petepete said
Old 11-02-2006, 01:34 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

a month? What is he OCD? Does he run around and touch all 4 corners of the car everytime he tightens a bolt? lol
on the other note, i too would like to see it, but i'd rather have sum1 else do it because it would be the first one like petepete said

this would be a custom built kit...he'd have to custom fab an intercooler, mount it properly, do all custom tuning. the r & d involved would take alot of time.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

When the '05 4.0 V6 came out, I sent an email to Kenne Bell to ask if they had considered building a twin screw set-up for this engine combination. They practically laughed at me and told me that for the cost, why not just buy a GT?

I'm glad to hear that someone is at least considering the business. The number of V6's outnumber the GT's by almost 3 to 1. Can you imagine the sales potential? There are a lot of people that own the V6 because they prefer the looks of the V6 over the GT. And...there are a lot of people that bought a V6 because they wanted to mod it for "sleeper" potential (which is why I would buy one). And lastly the majority of people buy the V6 for affordability reasons. A lot of these people now have cash in their pockets and wouldn't mind paying an extra 3-5K for a supercharger mod. To me a supercharged or turboed V6 mustang is much more appealing than a stock 3V GT. I'm just saying...

Old 11-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

this would be a custom built kit...he'd have to custom fab an intercooler, mount it properly, do all custom tuning. the r & d involved would take alot of time.
I'd say okay to him if he agreed to replace anything he broke lol

Quick Reply: Twin screw a possibility?