Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Fog wiring on a V6 no pony pack

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 04:13 PM
MarioP3_XR4Ti
1st Gear Member

Default GT Fog wiring on a V6 no pony pack

OK, I've put the GT front on my V6, and I know I'll need the correct headlight switch inside, but what about outside; even though my car didn't have the pony package will it have pre-existing wiring for the lights? Do I need a complete harness? I do want to keep it close to stock wiring so will get what I have to get to do it correctly.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:47 PM
cstigger04
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GT Fog wiring on a V6 no pony pack

Mario.....Trust me on this, order the wiring harness from street scene, it comes with a switch which you install in your exsisting light switch housing and looks pretty damn good. the wiring harness hooks up in 20 minutes start to finish. I have had mine on, well sinc April and I, well the wife hasn't had any problems out of it, also it lets you run the fogs even with the brights on for lighting up those deserted roads... I have pictures of the switch, shoot me an e-mail at: cstigger04@yahoo.com put in the subject light switch so i'll know its you and i'll send it to you, the ordering info can be found if you do a search lets say in the mid to late april time frame on wiring harnesses....good luck
Old 11-01-2006, 06:40 PM
MarioP3_XR4Ti
1st Gear Member

Sent you an email. I'll look into the older posts; I did a brief search but maybe wasn't specific enough.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:04 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

musclecardirect.com has it as well, its where i got mine, because they are local.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:09 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

did u put the GT front bumper and grille on fazm?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:12 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

plus you can also get the gt switch instead of the switch that comes with the SS harness thats what i did and it alows you to also run with just your running lights and fogs no headlights if you like. as well as fogs and high beams
Old 11-02-2006, 12:49 AM
merlinsrealm
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

plus you can also get the gt switch instead of the switch that comes with the SS harness thats what i did and it alows you to also run with just your running lights and fogs no headlights if you like. as well as fogs and high beams

Where did you get the GT switch. Thats what I want to do with mine.........

Eric
Old 11-02-2006, 02:33 AM
MarioP3_XR4Ti
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

I thought that the GT switch was a part of the headlight switch? Is that what you mean? Has anyone actually figured out if the stock harness has the basic fog light wiring less any relays or pigtails? I know some manufactures use a common harness and just add in the relays/pigtails/switch. That is what I was hoping for, though I will get an aftermarket set up if I have to. The parts guy at Millenium Ford thinks that there are a couple of pigtails that connect between the lights and the harness, plus the headlight switch and I should be good. Though I suspect it also has a relay somewhere (at least I hope it does!)
Old 11-02-2006, 03:53 PM
boss 244
3rd Gear Member

if you don't connect the yellow/green wire on the factory harness to the yellow/green wire that goes into the underhood fuse box, your fogs will stay on with the high beams. The yellow/green wire trips a relay that shuts them off when you hit the highbeams. You can also disconnect this wire if your car came with the fogs and they will stay on with the high beams and have fogs with just running lights. I found this out when installing my factory harness for the pony package.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:48 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

the street scene harness uses a ground as the trigger just like the gt switch. they have you hook up to the running light wire on the stock switch. basicly the supplied wire comes from the relay then to the nes switch supplied frome street scene then to the running light wire that connects to the stock v6 switch. now if you want to use the gt switch like i did and not drill the stock v6 switch you remove the stock v6 switch (the whole thing pops out) then you get the gt switch from ford and just replace it the plugs are the same. then you hook up to the wire that would normaly go to the fogs if you had them. no your not going thru the smartbox your just using the wire it is just a ground. hope that helps