Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Must Be My Luck

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 05:16 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Must Be My Luck

Take it to the shop and see what they say. I was rear-ended and i asked about that. They said i would have to pay the difference in price. Luckily it was they found a gt bumper and rear isolator bar for cheaper than what they would have gotten from ford. I did have to pay to have the exhaust raised up though. I am glad i did, duel exhaust on a stock 6 bumper looks HORRIBLE. At least on the new edges.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:37 PM
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HurricaneStang

Well i posted 2 weeks ago about hitting a truck at a movie theater in chance to get some fix it tips. Well i just must be the luckiest person alive. Just a couple minutes ago i was backing out of my garage, its dark out so i thought i was far enough away but i wasnt. I hit the basketball hoop pole......

Like the first incident its on the right side now it damaged the wheel well and the back bumper. So im guessing that its gonna be at least $1000 to fix since now it includes the bumper. I know someone asked this awhile back but i couldnt remember the answer; Would the insurance let you get a GT Bumper take off instead of fixing the v6 bumper? Is that possible in anyway?

I work in insurance and when it comes to paying out claims the cheapest way wins. What I would do is let your insurance company know of the damage and tell them it was a hit and run don't tell them you drove into a pole. Also, let them know it's cheaper to get a GT take off bumper pre painted then it is to order the part and have it painted. They will go with whatever's cheaper belive me... the only problems are your deductable limits. If the cost of the repair is under the deductable do not file a claim. Sorry to hear about your damage...I like the Gaurd Idea! lol!!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:21 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Well the only problem with saying its a hit and run is that theres 2 different colors on it; blue and black. I got 2 quotes today and the cheapest was $1,250 and the deduct is $500 so it isnt bad. I wanna ask about the GT Rear Bumper since i think it would be cheaper but im kinda scared to ask.

Also why would i say it was a hit and run, whats wrong with saying it hit a pole? People have insurance for stupid mistakes like that so explain why that could be a bad thing to tell them.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:46 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

if you say you hit a pole the insurance wont want to help you. Go with hit and run
Old 11-07-2006, 10:33 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

So i got in touch with insurance and they were fine with it, we said we hit the pole, and also they approved the GT Bumper so that will be ordered from diversified who i just got off the phone with. As soon as the body work is done at the dealership its going straight to the muffler shop to have my other axelback bolted up and fabbed. Total cost about $1,200 so not bad saved a couple dollars with the Take Off bumper
Old 11-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangNeWbieDJB
I work in insurance and when it comes to paying out claims the cheapest way wins. What I would do is let your insurance company know of the damage and tell them it was a hit and run don't tell them you drove into a pole. Also, let them know it's cheaper to get a GT take off bumper pre painted then it is to order the part and have it painted. They will go with whatever's cheaper belive me... the only problems are your deductable limits. If the cost of the repair is under the deductable do not file a claim. Sorry to hear about your damage...I like the Gaurd Idea! lol!!
I'm amazed that someone would suggest to lie to the insurance company for a buck. I guess integrity is a thing of the past for some.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:55 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

+1

There are consequences for all of our actions, even if we "get away" with it for the time being... You will reap what you sow... Honesty pays off in the long run. you can get into a world of pain trying to scam somebody, and its just not worth it, even if you could get away with it cleanly. Not trying to be a goody two shoes, but just adding my opinion.