Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rattles

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 04:27 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

Default Rattles

I just recently aquired a new 06 Mustang (V6 Deluxe) I am wondering if others have had rattle issues. I am bringing my car in next Tuesday to have it fixed. I am just curious if this is a common problem. Both door panels, and both sides of the dash panel where it meets the windshield rattle as well as something coming from deep inside the center of the dash. I have had several new cars, and never experienced anything like this, it sounds like it's falling apart.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:44 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Rattles

I have experienced everything you just said on my 05. quite annoying actually. I never have the time to go to the dealer because of my work schedule. If you find out what it is let me know. I'm curious. I have basically ignored it, but would love to know what the hell it is that is rattling. Thanks
Old 11-09-2006, 07:27 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

there are a few fixes.

1. turn the music up.
2. get an mrt axle back (i can barely hear rattles now)
3. take it into the dealer (for the dash ones)

the only real fix that i have done is for the door panels. the piece that rattles is the little rectangular peice of plastic right behind the hendle to opent he door. not the actual handle that you pull, but like the handle thing where the window buttons are. if you put your hand in that handle, where your knuckles should be there is a rectangle of plastic that isnt really mounted properly (kind of stupid). you can apoxy it down and it wont rattle anymore.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:44 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

The only way I have been able to stand it is with the music turned up. I have a 1,200 watt eclipse stereo with 2 12" JL subs, I can barely used the subs because it makes the entire car rattle, sounds like it's tearing it apart, might have to put some dynamat in various places. You're exactly right about the rectangular piece behind the inside door panels, it's almost like that piece isn't even attached. Either they're slipping with the assembly on these cars or the pieces simply don't fit, hell I have a 72 chevelle with a big block that has less rattles!
Old 11-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Wow. My 05 vert doesn't have a single rattle. I wonder why?
Old 11-10-2006, 11:38 AM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

I also get a rattle under the E-Brake, so I just punch the E-Brake and it stops lol same with the dashboards, give em a good smack and bye bye rattling. But I agree music and exhaust is the way to go.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

I get a little rattle from the pass side door sub... it is the plastic outer ring... I just play with it and it stops... also the driver side A column cover thingy sometimes makes a noise... nothing a gentle shove doesn't fix!
Old 11-12-2006, 06:40 AM
bswor
1st Gear Member

I'm getting a rattle on the passenger side dash. I been planning on taking it in but havent gotten a chance.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:47 AM
jim01028
2nd Gear Member

I have the dashboard rattles, but it seems to be only at a certain rpm during acceleration. Also it seems to be the worst when the temp is below 50 degrees. It must be something under the dash because I have tried putting wedges between everything on the dash and it really does not help much.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:29 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I've got a dash rattle but haven't brought it in yet; they told me they'd fix it though.

Quick Reply: Rattles