Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

hey im new

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 12:08 AM
bw1128

Default hey im new

well my girlfriend just bought a 2006 mustang convertible V6. i wanted to know if we got a good deal. she got it for 18k and 20.2k out the door with a extended 5year 100k mile warranty. it was used but only has 24k miles on it. its white with black top and grey leather seats, power driver seats, shacker 6disk system. was that a great deal???

also i wanted to see what else there is out there in the aftermarket world, ie. exhaust- i want that deep rumble, front fog lights, any kind of chip for more horses, sound systems- is the deck 2din applicable?

we would have gone with the get but the insurance was too high for her.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:13 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: hey im new

Welcome to MustangForums!!! Sounds like she did fine. Post pics when you can.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:14 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Hey congratulations! Actually that doesn't seem like a bad deal to me! There's A LOT you can do to this car including dual exhaust (Flowmaster 40's sound good, which is what I have) then there's headers, different gear ratios and traction lock (positraction) along with a couple different hand-held tuners. You can also get a tuner and Cold Air Intake combination which adds HP and you can tune it to a different octain setting as well. Then if you want to lower it there are some springs and if you want to go all out, Ford Racing makes a complete suspension kit for it. then there is a couple of superchargers out for it and a turbo. I would recomend the duals exhaust and the cold air intake-tuner combo.

Go to http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05v6ati.htm and they have alot of mustang V6 stuff.

Also check out http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05products.htm They have some good stuff too. There are A LOT of aftermarket parts for this car!

Hope I helped some!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:14 AM
bw1128

also was the main difference between the deluxe and premium edition???
Old 11-13-2006, 12:17 AM
bw1128

thanks for info so fast. she got a automatic too. we are looking .......... well i am looking for little things to upgrade. i like the dual exhaust, but would you have to replace the rear fender to have dual outlets?
Old 11-13-2006, 12:18 AM
bw1128

whats the main difference in the 2007 vs. 2006 V6???
Old 11-13-2006, 12:19 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

The Premium is pretty much and upgraded package. It comes with the Shaker 500 (or 1000) along with an interior upgrade (leather, silver interior pannels in the dash and steering wheel and door handle) and power everything I believe. Usually the Delux is basic with regular single CD player, like 4 speakers and cloth interior. The steering wheel is all one color and the dash board and doors and everything are all one color. I'm pretty sure that's it. The only thing better than the premium V6 is the pony package V6 because it has a sway bar I believe and the 17" GT rims with Pirelli PZero Nero M+S tires. Other than that it's the same as the prmium.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:23 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

There's isn't much of a difference. I've noticed that the '07 V6's (Not sure if it's pony package only) have a different spoiler other than the decklid spoiler. It sits flat on the deck lid instead of up a little like the old Mustangs. Then there's a couple of added colors, such as the orange, graphite grey and I think a new blue color.

You don't exactly have to replace the rear bumper to have duals. I, at first, measured it out and took a 4" hole saw and cut it lol. It came out great but I backed in to one of those big square mail boxes with all the key holes because I was using my rear view miror so I just replaced it with a GT rear bumper.

If you want, you can make a post and people could share with you how they did it.

No problem for the reply btw.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:22 AM
bw1128

how can we find out all the details of our new pony. such as the upgrades on it like the different packages. can a dealership get hte vin and research what came on it from the factory. because im not sure about 4wheel disc brakes and abs, and the side air bags?? how can we find out about those, guess we were kinda excited to not ask.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:13 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Welcome, it sounds like a good deal; I paid 27k for mine new. Premium pkg, interior upgrade (my color dash etc) exterior appearance pkg, leather, etc.. There are lots of things you can do, like GT kits from Saleen. Have fun with it!

Quick Reply: hey im new