Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

JBA True dual?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Anarchy Customs
1st Gear Member

Default JBA True dual?

I was wondering if anyone on here has the jba true dual exhaust on their v6? If so, how do you like it?
Old 11-19-2006, 10:42 PM
MdnytRider
1st Gear Member

Default RE: JBA True dual?

Just put them on last week - they are a huge improvement in all areas - looks, sound and a little bit of performance. As the price comes down, they are more and more worth it. Do yourself a favor though, add the CAI and tune to really move the air through.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:06 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

JBA is good. I went with the x pipe instead of the H pipe though ()a bit more quiet). The only muffler I like next to JBA is Flowmaster american thunders. Stay away from magnaflow in my opinion.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Anarchy Customs
1st Gear Member

Yeah I really like the way they look. I;m just concerned with the sound. How loud are they? Did you notice any drone?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:59 PM
MdnytRider
1st Gear Member

If that's your car with the speakers in the avatar, I think exhaust noise is the least of your worries. Seriously, they are not too loud. I was doing about 75-80 today and they weren't obnoxious. As far as a drone, I think I hear one every now and then, but that just may be paranoia on my part because there is no vibration problem yet. I still have to get the joints tack welded yet.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:00 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

i have them with the h pipe. they take a little bit to break in and they end up getting a deeper note. they sound pretty good. not too ricey. there is a slight drone at about 40. 3rd gear. but you cant hear it that much.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Anarchy Customs
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MdnytRider

If that's your car with the speakers in the avatar, I think exhaust noise is the least of your worries. Seriously, they are not too loud. I was doing about 75-80 today and they weren't obnoxious. As far as a drone, I think I hear one every now and then, but that just may be paranoia on my part because there is no vibration problem yet. I still have to get the joints tack welded yet.
haha. Yeah thats my car in the avatar. I actually dont have the subs in there anymore. Me and wifey just had a baby so I'm selling that box and building something smaller. Did you install the exhaust yourself? I dont really like going to shops unless I have to so I was wondering if its a setup that can be installed with basic hand tools and some jack stands.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:09 AM
armymech

i installed them on my car my self they sound good the only promblem i had was you have to get the car about 4 or 5 feet of the ground i didnt have that option at the time but i was in a drit drive way and had to dig a small hole with the car about 2 feet off the ground
Old 11-21-2006, 12:21 AM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

I also have the JBA "H" pipe dual set-up. Excellent! is all I can say. Nice throaty sound, but not obnoxious even when the tops down. I spent an extra $125 to have the whole system welded up real pretty by my local muffler ace. Well worth it if you don't want to worry about rattles or vibrations cropping up later.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:45 AM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

Hello, 05 Cayuse,

Your car looks really good.

I'm looking forward to a JBA true-dual system, also. Lucky me, I'm just a couple miles from his store; I reckon they'll know how to get it right.

May I ask about your roll-over bar. Who built it? What association specs does it meet? I expect it doesn't interfere with the convertible top; any other sacrifices? Any installation problems? Did you look at options other than custom? Were there any?

Thanks for your attention.

--