Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

any v6'er (stock) beat a rsx-s?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 01:07 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: any v6'er (stock) beat a rsx-s?

ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

I was playing around with an older Civic Si Hatchback a couple of nights ago... lol He pulled out in front of me and gunned so I passed him for fun and I guess he got pissed and turned onto the same rode so I just got several cars ahead (2-lane road) and just chilled in the right lane because I didn't feel like speeding and getting in trouble for it. Then he passed me with his loud fart can muffler and he was cutting people off being a dick. So I got behind him without being a dick to the other drivers on the road and then I got over when it turned into a 3-lane road and passed him again and stayed in front as the lains merged into 2 again lol. The thing is that I didn't have to try and keep up or anything because it was sooo easy... It was fun though because I never went more than 10 mph over the speed limit (which was only 45)
Not to hijack, but while having the C&L and Evol 93X tune on my vert, I noticed that passing on true two-lane roads takes very little effort. That pony would just scoot when asked. Can't wait to see how that set up works on my 5-spd...
Old 11-29-2006, 01:32 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

The old si's are slow!! Stock 99-04 v6s can take them without a problem. My year may not have a lot of HP, but atleast we have decent torque. Thats what those 4 cyls lack unless they have FI.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:48 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CainMotorsports2102

the new civic SI also comes with LSD stock. but its a pig too, stock for stock we have their nuts.
No we don't. It's in no way a pig like us, it's 29xx lbs, about 500 lbs less then us. Stock the new Si runs very similier times to us, but like the k-series engines in the RSX-S, the z3 mods very well also, so mod for mod they'd win. And like the RSX-S they have a great top end, from a roll we'd be dead. Our advantage is obviously on the launch, i don't know why anyone would run someone from a roll with our 4.0's.

That said, 8thgencivic is full of some of the biggest Si fanboys i've ever seen. When i postexd in a vs a 4.0 thread there, to correct someone who said the 4.0 is a 16 sec car, of course i got bashed for having a v6 Mustang, a Ford, and i got flamed for saying we could beat an Si stock for stock, its a drivers race.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:52 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jericho73

the new civic SI also comes with LSD stock. but its a pig too, stock for stock we have their nuts.
No we don't. It's in no way a pig like us, it's 29xx lbs, about 500 lbs less then us. Stock the new Si runs very similier times to us, but like the k-series engines in the RSX-S, the z3 mods very well also, so mod for mod they'd win. And like the RSX-S they have a great top end, from a roll we'd be dead. Our advantage is obviously on the launch, i don't know why anyone would run someone from a roll with our 4.0's.

That said, 8thgencivic is full of some of the biggest Si fanboys i've ever seen. When i postexd in a vs a 4.0 thread there, to correct someone who said the 4.0 is a 16 sec car, of course i got bashed for having a v6 Mustang, a Ford, and i got flamed for saying we could beat an Si stock for stock, its a drivers race.
what REALLY pisses me off is that i feel that Ford purposely detuned the v6 engine to increase GT sales. they could've easily gotten 250hp out of the 4.0L v6 but they chose to detune it to make the GT a bigger jump in power. seriously....a v6 with 210 hp and 4.0L is pathetic. and even worse, i think the 4.6L v8 could've been tuned to more like 350hp, but, once again, for whatever reason, Ford chose not to do it. i don't know if it was because insurance would've been higher, or because of a corporate edict, or because they wanted to make the shelby look a lot better, or they were simply worried too many people would kill themselves (probably true, but still!). but it makes me so mad that the rsx-s has 210hp with an inline 4 cylinder naturally aspirated and we can only get 210hp out of a v6 with twice the displacement. seriously...WTF Ford?!?! if the v6 would've had 250hp i probably would've gotten that over the GT...so maybe that's why they chose to do it this way.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:00 PM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

Well, they have dual overhead cams, four valves a cylinder, and rev like bastards.
However, they make crap for torque....
Ford could crank out more power from these motors no problem, they know what they are doing, but they dont.
I dont know why, maybe because they dont need to, because Mustangs still sell like hotcakes...
Old 11-30-2006, 12:08 AM
asp
1st Gear Member

Too many people are hung up on horsepower. Torque is what makes you feel like your being thrown back in your seat. Torque is what allows you to go up a hill without having to downshift 3 gears. Torque is what wins races. And most of all torque is what Ford puts out more than any of the japanese cars way down low in the power band, where it counts.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:56 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

ORIGINAL: jericho73

what REALLY pisses me off is that i feel that Ford purposely detuned the v6 engine to increase GT sales. they could've easily gotten 250hp out of the 4.0L v6 but they chose to detune it to make the GT a bigger jump in power. seriously....a v6 with 210 hp and 4.0L is pathetic. and even worse, i think the 4.6L v8 could've been tuned to more like 350hp, but, once again, for whatever reason, Ford chose not to do it. i don't know if it was because insurance would've been higher, or because of a corporate edict, or because they wanted to make the shelby look a lot better, or they were simply worried too many people would kill themselves (probably true, but still!). but it makes me so mad that the rsx-s has 210hp with an inline 4 cylinder naturally aspirated and we can only get 210hp out of a v6 with twice the displacement. seriously...WTF Ford?!?! if the v6 would've had 250hp i probably would've gotten that over the GT...so maybe that's why they chose to do it this way.
Sure, the Cologne 4.0 is detuned a bit, but for those of us who want to push the engine to say 250 crank, it's pretty easy because the engine is so detuned. Same with the 4.6...wheras some import v6's have more chp, to push sales, but they are tuned from the factory almost to their limits and see little or no gains from basic bolts. I've seen you on CRSX and know you had one too, and i have to say while the RSX is a blast to drive, there is no way i could be happy is such a torqueless car again, not to mention a fwd one. K-series are fantastic engines though, i think many, many here, both 4.0 and 4.6 owners, underestimate what they're capable of.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:05 AM
Killzz2000

i raced a 2004 rsx-s on the 8th mile track. he burned out through second so did i. we were pretty even till about 40 then i just took him. it was pretty bad. i was suprized myself, first i thought he couldn't drive, then we ran again. same thing happened
Old 11-30-2006, 01:05 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

So how can I --easily-- get 250 hp?? I did a tune CAI, muffler, I feel the gain, but I doubt that I'm at 250 at the crank.......
Old 11-30-2006, 06:40 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

So how can I --easily-- get 250 hp?? I did a tune CAI, muffler, I feel the gain, but I doubt that I'm at 250 at the crank.......
250 at the crank is like a 30 whp gain. With i/t/e you should have gotten that, depending on your setup