Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DIY Intake I did that WORKS

Old 11-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

Default DIY Intake I did that WORKS

Here it is ladies and gents. I didn't choose to buy a piece that had the breather filter on it. I had the filter from my first attempt at this. My friend had this elbow made of alumminum and he gave it to me so i figured what the hell. Enjoy, ask any questions you want.

[IMG]local://upfiles/35380/952ECE3629BA4736B1152715633435F1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/35380/394379123E6B472EB118FE6D3E4700ED.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/35380/65741DD73A34434781FE0BFF59ECDFAF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-30-2006, 07:25 PM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: DIY Intake I did that WORKS

Get it dyno'd........just for the heck of it.
Hey man...do you feel an increase in power with that?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:08 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

what is the little filter for???
that actually looks better than i thought it would
i thought you were doin like pvc and some other stuff
Old 11-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

yea I do. feel a difference for sure, more responsive and more torque. I'm gonna get it dyno'd eventually. I'm gettin rained on for x-mas so i'm doin before and after.
-Mike
Old 11-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

yea that little filter is for where a vaccum line entrance is...my friend gave that piece and the filter to me so I took it.
yea it doesn't look half bad....just need to go to the hardware store and buy some thin alumminum to make a heat shield, which will be easy.

ORIGINAL: fitbikeco

what is the little filter for???
that actually looks better than i thought it would
i thought you were doin like pvc and some other stuff
Old 11-30-2006, 09:43 PM
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

So all you did was add a filter with an alluminum elbow??? It looks like the steeda filter or JerseyRigged! LOL!!

How expencive do you think the total cost was to make and how hard was it to fabricate??
Old 11-30-2006, 09:53 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

That's ghetto...but I like it!
Old 11-30-2006, 10:12 PM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Not ghetto.............I actually like the way it looks.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:24 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Hey not as bootleg as I thought it would be Jersey. Im 17.. so I do know how it is to be tight on cash to burn on the Stang, and I like to experament as do you. Although I have to say I would never weld my diff gears so they lock...lol...anyway... If your interested id like to make a few suggestions to make your work complete. It requires spending some money but it will still be a rather inexpensive mod.

Ok: First to start off; at auto zone they sell all types of different pieces like that chrome elbow u have so people can make their own cheap intakes. Start off by using that elbow you have to connect to the TB. Then you can use the port on the elbow for the vaccume line like it's supose to be used. Then at auto zone get a longer straight chrome tube to connect to the elbow and the MA housing. Last, fab up another small piece to connect the housing to the filter. I have the MMR annihilator kit and I plan to use a method similar to that to finish it (the pipe to the TB).

Good luck, but remember...it's ok to spend some money to do things right...be patient if u dont have the cash, ricers do things the cheap way and thats why they suck...Don't know about you but ill spend 200 bux on my car to do something right rather then risking the 20,000 I payed for it. Where in Jersey u at anyway...im in North Jersey (Nutley) between Giant Stadium and Newark Airport.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

i'm in south jersey, burlington county. Thanks for the suggestion! I experimented before with something like this and the check engine light likes to come on then lol. So I might once I get my own diagnostic little thing or when my friend is around who has one. Stand newbie-lol thanks man....i guess i got that name jersey rigged lol.
oh yeah, just so you all know I never welded my rear shut lol.....was just seeing what people thought, overall it's a bad idea cuz if the weld broke, you would have the rear lock and then....lord knows what lol, hopefully ur not on a highway is all i gotta say.

It is kind of ghetto lol.

stangnewbie-again lol, it probably costed me no more than about $30?? That's because I had the alumminum elbow given to me though. With it, at MOST like $60....you could buy a plastic elbow and some heat resistant tape and wrap it, same thing (not ghetto, it works). Yea all you have to do is chop the MAF and it's housing off the stock air boot. If you look in the pictures you will see the piece that needs to be cut off the stock air boot. Then just a hose clamp to an elbow then a clamp on the filter and wala, you have an air intake system that doesn't require a tune. Jerseyrigged! lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY Intake I did that WORKS