Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

AAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 08:55 PM
skysurf

Default AAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

So, let's say, a certain idiot, while driving his 2006 Mustang pulling it into his tiny one car garage, pulls in slightly to the right a little much, and ends up scraping the side-view mirror against the entrance wall covering the garage. The mirror and car are all ok, except now there's this medium-sized spot/area of brown scrape/scratch on the outside of the mirror which looks a little odd. Now some people might say it's not a big deal, but ofcourse the idiot is mad at himself for having a blemish on his precious.... So how can the idiot go about fixing the blemish?? The outside of the mirror is ofcourse black, but it's on a grainy texture. Can the idiot just use some sort of normal black paint to cover up the spot or would this look too odd on a bright sunny day.... Any other suggestions????

Freakin' idiot!!!! AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Anarchy Customs
1st Gear Member

Default RE: AAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

My wife did the exact same thing 3 weeks after we bought the stang. Because of the texture you cant really sand it and repaint it. I just bought a new one on ebay. I think I got it for 70+ shipping.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:03 PM
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

There are a few options:

1. get chrome mirroe covers or color matched mirror covers

2. paint the whole mirroe and if the color is diferent then the other mirror after painting it, paint the other mirror the same.

This happened to me in my last ford and I had to go with the second option. I ended up sprypainting both mirror the same matte Black color....

good luck buddy!

Old 12-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Ant69
2nd Gear Member

If you go with the paint be sure to use an adhesion promoter. And if it dosen't turn out right there are still several options for covers on Mustang stuff and other sites. Good luck with the repair.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:04 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

I have an idea. Go to your local auto body supply store and buy some paint called trim black. It's a medium-low gloss paint that is made for painting trim. It will match the rest of the black trim on the car. There is a slight texture to it. It's a very quick flashing paint, so don't try to spray it in extreme humidity. It's very forgiving, if you're careful, you should get Pro results. If there is any problem with matching the mirror on the other side, paint 'em both. Like someone else said, use a plastic adhesion promoter underneath. You can get that at the same store as the trim black. The idiot got off easy, this time!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:55 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

imho....mirror covers (plenty of style to choose from) ...or a greatexcuse to have them painted.....but if you go with covers and do it again you onlyneed to remove the cover to fix it....this is why im leaning towrds the xenon mirror covers rather than painting the mirrors.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

Take them both off and have them painted the same color as the car. I think one of the best Mods you can do.

Kevin