Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

hello , i'm about to be a new mustang owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 01:20 AM
zzbudzz

Default hello , i'm about to be a new mustang owner

I have been looking at the new 2007 v-6 mustangs and the more i look the more i like them.so, I went to a few dealers and checked them out ( man salemen don't wanna let you leave without selling you a car) anyway ,so i went to a dealer today that had the car i was looking for the v-6 w/ auto trans( i'm lazy) tungsten gray w/black leather interior and all the interior upgrades.So, i test drove this one i really liked it! so to make a long story short.We went back and forth for awhile ( i asked for as low as payment as possible of course) i get the x-plan price which they say is low as i can get the car.So the hang up was what they offered for my sorry a$$ 99 camry.I just tell them i leaving and need to think about it and man they started in on me lowering the monthly payment like crazy...my trade in was worth something after all..huh?......I HAVE THE NEW MUSTANG IN MY DRIVEWAY NOW ON "LOAN FOR 2 DAYS " TO SEE IF I REALLY WANT TO BUY IT. FUN DAY AT THE DEALER. SO WHAT I WANNA KNOW IS IS THE X-PLAN REALLY LOW AS THEY WILL GO? The dealer will throw in free tires ,inspection and oil changes for life. i GUESS THATS NOT TO BAD.ANY WAY OUT THE DOOR PRICE WAS 22,900? IS THAT A GOOD PRICE IN CENTRAL VA AND IS THE MUSTANG A DEPENDABLE CAR FOR A DAILY DRIVER ANY KNOW ISSUES WITH THIS CAR? I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANYONE COMPLAIN ALOT ABOUT MAJOR PROBLEMS ? THATS THE END OF MY RAMBLE ..BUT I DO REALLY LIKE THIS CAR IT'S SWEET!
Old 12-03-2006, 01:51 AM
Red Knight
1st Gear Member

Default RE: hello , i'm about to be a new mustang owner

Unless the car you are buying is a convertible, you may want to check around for a better price. I paid $22,762 (I looked on my invoice) for my new manual V-6 Premium Convertible with leather, so I would think you can do better if you're buying a coupe.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:00 AM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

I know in northern VA they gouge you on price. I paid like $18k for my coupe with 22k miles on it...probably the same story. The time of the year seems to make a huge diff in price which is why I plan on waiting until July before upgrading to a GT vert.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:11 AM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Hello zzbudzz,
I also got the x-plan...........on a vert, premium...........except cloth seats, $23, 000, msrp was $27,355, but this is a 2006...it was vert or nothing!
You can find deal on the internet................look at all Ford dealers in your area on the internet, internet sales are usually cheaper, you find what you want and start grinding them on the phone, they will try to get you down to the dealership, as much as they grind you, grind them harder!!! x-plan is employee discount, that is where I found my ride!

Good luck!!!

P.S. In Southern California a vert is important!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:35 AM
zzbudzz

wow ...so they can go lower than the xplan invoice price? i might drive the car around for awhile tommorrow and tell them i don't know if i like as much as i thought .But i do like it....so you say search the internet some more and gring them..huh. well i pretty good at grinding them ..because i can't ever commit unless i just can't turn it down..???so what is a good price on a 2007 v6 auto w/premium pony package with all interior upgrades no vert???what is a reasonable price? do you think i would regret getting the auto after 6 months? it will be my daily driver for the next few years...
Old 12-03-2006, 09:39 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Check out the following websites, and insert the car you have with all its options to see what their invoice cost is and whether or not they are treating your fairly -

Kelley Blue Book

Edmunds
Old 12-03-2006, 11:29 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zzbudzz

I have been looking at the new 2007 v-6 mustangs and the more i look the more i like them.so, I went to a few dealers and checked them out ( man salemen don't wanna let you leave without selling you a car) anyway ,so i went to a dealer today that had the car i was looking for the v-6 w/ auto trans( i'm lazy) tungsten gray w/black leather interior and all the interior upgrades.So, i test drove this one i really liked it! so to make a long story short.We went back and forth for awhile ( i asked for as low as payment as possible of course) i get the x-plan price which they say is low as i can get the car.So the hang up was what they offered for my sorry a$$ 99 camry.I just tell them i leaving and need to think about it and man they started in on me lowering the monthly payment like crazy...my trade in was worth something after all..huh?......I HAVE THE NEW MUSTANG IN MY DRIVEWAY NOW ON "LOAN FOR 2 DAYS " TO SEE IF I REALLY WANT TO BUY IT. FUN DAY AT THE DEALER. SO WHAT I WANNA KNOW IS IS THE X-PLAN REALLY LOW AS THEY WILL GO? The dealer will throw in free tires ,inspection and oil changes for life. i GUESS THATS NOT TO BAD.ANY WAY OUT THE DOOR PRICE WAS 22,900? IS THAT A GOOD PRICE IN CENTRAL VA AND IS THE MUSTANG A DEPENDABLE CAR FOR A DAILY DRIVER ANY KNOW ISSUES WITH THIS CAR? I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANYONE COMPLAIN ALOT ABOUT MAJOR PROBLEMS ? THATS THE END OF MY RAMBLE ..BUT I DO REALLY LIKE THIS CAR IT'S SWEET!
I live in NVA too, and teh markup on the S197s is still bad. It's quite odd. Go to Carmax on Rt28, they have some GT's and V6's at fair prices and they treat the sale of your camry seperate.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:07 PM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

Route 28 is huge, what city is the carmax in? I might go and check it out

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: zzbudzz

I live in NVA too, and teh markup on the S197s is still bad. It's quite odd. Go to Carmax on Rt28, they have some GT's and V6's at fair prices and they treat the sale of your camry seperate.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:11 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Sterling, near the dulles airport exit. www.carmax.com
Old 12-03-2006, 01:12 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

I live in NoVA.

You can get a better price than the x-plan, just get a few quotes from different dealers. Personally, I would go to Koons Sterling ford (ask for Greg Williams and tell them Adam sent you)and Kip Killmans ford in Tysons corner. When I bought my stang they were the 2 lowest around. Get quotes from both dealers and play them off each other.

Other tips-
Do not negotiate by monthly payment. Negotiate by final price, including tax/title/fees. Make sure that you get all quotes in writing. Remember, you want a FAIR price. The dealer will take you for a fool if they can. Go to Edmunds.com and look up their car buying guide, lots of info there about how to negotiate a fair price as well as an excellent resource for car values. Do your homework and come prepared to each dealer visit with the Edmunds TMV(True Market Value) for your car, it's worth it.

Regarding your trade in-
Personally I wouldnt trade in a vehicle if I could avoid it. I had to do it once and I feel I lost $1000.00 or more on it's value. Your old car could be an excellent winter beater and you can always stick a for-sale sign on it.

Bottom line -
They need to sell you a car, but YOU do not need to buy from them. Be 100% satisfied boefore you sign and always be ready to walk away. There are alot of mustangs out there.

Quick Reply: hello , i'm about to be a new mustang owner