Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

3.73 0r 4.10

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 01:43 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 3.73 0r 4.10

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

but a t-lok from stangmods.com will be ok if you just use it for DD and dont ever beat on it
Still haven't figured out why you INSIST on saying that... It's an out and out lie! you can beat on a trac-lok... i'm living proof! And don't bother telling me about pre-S197 mustang having problems... We have yet to see a S197 V6 break a trac-lok in this forum... over in the 4.0 collective we seen 2 Auburn fail... and no trac-locks have failed there either...
the tlok is unchanged, its the same thing that rolled out of the factory in the mid 80s in the bronco2/ranger, great im glad you have had luck with yours, i hope you contine to have luck with it, just because it hasnt failed on yours, doesnt mean that it wont fail

when you got the motor rebuilt did you just take one out of a exploder/ranger from a junkyard or did you have it build with good parts? why not the junkyard route, it will work? doensnt mean it will last

this is based off my PERSONAL experience, that if you beat one hard enough, it wil lbreak
Old 12-04-2006, 01:54 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

but a t-lok from stangmods.com will be ok if you just use it for DD and dont ever beat on it
Still haven't figured out why you INSIST on saying that... It's an out and out lie! you can beat on a trac-lok... i'm living proof! And don't bother telling me about pre-S197 mustang having problems... We have yet to see a S197 V6 break a trac-lok in this forum... over in the 4.0 collective we seen 2 Auburn fail... and no trac-locks have failed there either...
the tlok is unchanged, its the same thing that rolled out of the factory in the mid 80s in the bronco2/ranger, great im glad you have had luck with yours, i hope you contine to have luck with it, just because it hasnt failed on yours, doesnt mean that it wont fail

when you got the motor rebuilt did you just take one out of a exploder/ranger from a junkyard or did you have it build with good parts? why not the junkyard route, it will work? doensnt mean it will last

this is based off my PERSONAL experience, that if you beat one hard enough, it wil lbreak
Show me an S197 V6 with a failed trac-lock...

You said and i quote, "... and don't ever beat on it". That is simply not true... how many guys in here have put in a trac-lock and NEVER beat on it? Most guy go out and beat on it right after the break in period! I bet every guy that has a trac-lock in has beat on it! Saying you CAN NEVER beat on a trac-lock or it will break is a FLAT OUT LIE!

Old 12-04-2006, 01:56 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Ok.. what about all the jeeps i've read about with broken detroit lockers and truetrack???? The TrueTrack in an a S197 must be junk too!
Old 12-04-2006, 02:04 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

this is based off my PERSONAL experience, that if you beat one hard enough, it
wil lbreak
All 17 years of it ?
Old 12-04-2006, 02:09 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

If you beat on ANYTHING hard enough it will break; what's your point?

Old 12-04-2006, 02:11 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GrayPony

wil lbreak
All 17 years of it ?
no... don't go there... I'm am sure mustangman has lots of experience... i really do... i'm sure he has seen trac-locks fail... but for some reason the trac-locks are holding up ver well in the S197's... I don't know why.. but they are...

and of course if you beat on ANYTHING hard enough you can break it... including a TrueTrack...
Old 12-04-2006, 04:27 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

I have the Trac-lok and the guy at Powered by Ford sat with me for about 20 minutes telling me how everything in the rear end works with the Trac-lok and so on. Basically, since it's clutch operated, it will eventually after a long time wear down. He basically told me the only reason it would fail is if one tire were to roal through a puddle and the other one be dry and then you warm up your tires. Other than that it's meant to take a beating. Just telling you what I've been told but I have heard all good things about the Detroit Tru-Trak as well
Old 12-04-2006, 11:09 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GrayPony

wil lbreak
All 17 years of it ?
no... don't go there... I'm am sure mustangman has lots of experience... i really do... i'm sure he has seen trac-locks fail... but for some reason the trac-locks are holding up ver well in the S197's... I don't know why.. but they are...

and of course if you beat on ANYTHING hard enough you can break it... including a TrueTrack...
ive seen the "stronger" 8.8s break (hell me and my buddy broke the one in his stock mach 1 after 15k) and someone elses i know ended up being refreshed what seemed like every 30-35k, i guess, no, i have never seen a 7.5 break, ive seen the "stronger" ones break, but ive also talked to reliable people on the 7.5s (3.8mustang.com, v6power.net, a couple of local shops, one guy at the track), i could only imagine what a 7.5, and i should clear up that they dont break, the clutches just wear out

why does everyone always play the age card? and if your legitametely sticking up for me scrming then thank you, if not, all well i have nothing to prove to anyone

just out of curiosity, whos running a girdle along with their tlok?