Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

May be saying goodbye to the Pony for a Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:47 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: May be saying goodbye to the Pony for a Toyota

I would love to see the new Supra own 350Z's and G35's. That would make me happy
Old 12-06-2006, 03:15 AM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sick Six

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

Toyotas Tundra, Sequoia, and Land Cruiser have V8s so it wont be the "only" one with a V8.....I had bad experiences with Toyotas...my 99 Camry engine broke down beyond repair this year....all Fords I had went on for over 300k miles and the engines were still good.......
That is why he emphasized CAR.
thank you
Old 12-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Mark_Henry

ORIGINAL: pastor_ice43

At this dealer, everyone just gets the employe discount, the same one that all Toyota employes get. And compared to what the public pays, it's monster.
Yes, but the employee discount is scaled based on how much you earn for the company, as well as how long you've worked for Toyota. The base discount for a starting salesperson isn't the same as the discount that the Fleet Manager gets (or what the technician in the back with ten yeas gets for that matter). Everyone is assigned a discount code (if I remember ight it's something like A to ZZ) and each code confers a different discount. It's not a one-size fits all.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:45 PM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mark_Henry

At this dealer, everyone just gets the employe discount, the same one that all Toyota employes get. And compared to what the public pays, it's monster.
Yes, but the employee discount is scaled based on how much you earn for the company, as well as how long you've worked for Toyota. The base discount for a starting salesperson isn't the same as the discount that the Fleet Manager gets (or what the technician in the back with ten yeas gets for that matter). Everyone is assigned a discount code (if I remember ight it's something like A to ZZ) and each code confers a different discount. It's not a one-size fits all.
Thats fine, cause even the base discount is still a large ammount compared to what the public has to pay. Heck, I may even be good enough once the Supra comes out to get a nice phat discount.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:37 PM
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

yeah right....u really think they're gonna charge 40,000 plus for the base model v6...please that would elminate half the market that the mustang and camaros are going to hit which would be doing just the opposite of what they're trying to do. Even if they're n/a motors, people like HKS are gonna make those cars monsters. t-88 turbo anyone?
Dude, that's what the artical says...not me
Old 12-07-2006, 05:16 AM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

$40-$50,000 car is too expensive for me. plus it looks like just another car that's gonna attract more negative attention than it's worth. i don't need the hassle.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:27 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Buddy of mine has a 88 Supra Celica rotting on his lot. Works for Toyota and anxiously waiting for the Supra to come out. He's just counting the days til he can finally "race" me.

Not a fan of the styling. I hope it changed a lot since I've last seen it in a magazine... The rear looks like it ripped off a Honda S2000.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:38 AM
Ant69
2nd Gear Member

It sounds like a great car and heeell of a sticker price!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:42 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mark_Henry

Thats fine, cause even the base discount is still a large ammount compared to what the public has to pay. Heck, I may even be good enough once the Supra comes out to get a nice phat discount.
What ever you decied good luck, sounds like a lot for that car and the mustang is sweet so either way you won't lose. Besides maybe you 'll be able to sell the mustang if you trade it in!