Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Little accident...Please help.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:57 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default Little accident...Please help.

Me being 17 and stupid, did something stupid and had a little fender bender. Im gonna go for an estimate tomorrow but I would like to see what you guys think before hand so im not gettign ripped off. Its going to need paint and dent repair sooo here are some pics:

Please help or try and give me some good news because I have felt the worst Ive felt in a long time today.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:03 AM
workshop4ever
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Little accident...Please help.

I'd say probably about $700 for the fender. I can't see in the pics if you damaged the bumper or not, if so....thats sadly going to be some more money. I would suggest, if you're at least a little handy with a wrench, getting the parts yourself on ebay or at a junkyard and swapping the fender out yourself. That way the shop only has to paint it. This is a good way to save yourself about half of the cost. if you did damage the bumper, it may be time to look into swapping out for a GT bumper (you can get them pre-painted) or staying with the V6 bumper and asking around for someone with the same color.

Good Luck, in the end, its just a car and can be fixed
Old 12-07-2006, 01:04 AM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

That's not bad! Be sure to go to a few different places. Sometimes there's quite a bit of difference in prices. I would avoid the cheapest one. Don't worry about it. That one's a piece of cake.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:05 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Bumper is fine...I wish it was just the bumper because I dont care about that. Do you think a shop could just fix the fender I have now?
Old 12-07-2006, 02:47 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

doesnt look that bad but its kind of in an akward spot where ther eis a curve. May be possible that they hammer it out but it may need touch up paint work after that but im no mechanic. To mak eyou feel better my pony just got a nail in its foot today [:@]
Old 12-07-2006, 02:50 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Ill take a nail in the foot over a wack to the face...lol j/k thanks for the reply...gotta work this one out with the mother..o boy...
Old 12-07-2006, 03:17 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

other car must look like someone got murdered on it lol (all the red paint that most likely came off)
Old 12-07-2006, 03:24 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

I thought that too....NOT A MARK ON THE OTHER CAR!!! No paint came off, all marks buffed out just left with 3 dents. The damn fenders are soo cheap...
Old 12-07-2006, 04:47 AM
Ant69
2nd Gear Member

I would try to get the fender replaced with a new or straight take off. Some of the body lines look like they may have been wiped out a good body guy can probably fix it but time is money and R & R is faster and guarateed no "Bondo". Plus you stand a pretty good chance of finding a matching replacement in new shape. Just my opinion.......
Old 12-07-2006, 10:12 AM
rixstang

Try going here:

http://www.car-part.com/

I've ordered stuff from them before, but not body panels. Usually just trim or interior parts. You may want to get a photo from the yard as it may be in rough shape. I've also used my local Dent wizzard. They'd be able to take out that headlight area, but I'm not sure about the wheel well. I had an insurance estimate for $1,000 for a dent and trim damage to a door on an old Stratus R/T. Had Dent Wizzard take out the dent and the body shop just replaced the door strip, painted the bottom half of the door, and clear coated the whole panel. End cost was only $400. The stupid door trim was $100 alone though!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Little accident...Please help.