Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone with an MRT Aeroturbine Single Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 02:54 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Default Anyone with an MRT Aeroturbine Single Exhaust

I've been flipping through the topics here and listening to tons of sound clips, and I'm definitely liking the sound of the MRT Aeroturbine (single exhaust) for my 2006 v6, but I was just wondering something about mounting it.

From what I've seen of pictures, the MRT exhaust tip sticks out past the rear fascia by like 2 or 3 inches. Is this always the case, or have people been mounting it that way on purpose? The flowmaster and magnaflow, by comparison, seem to be about flush with the rear fascia (like the stock exhaust is), and that's what I'd like to be able to do with the MRT exhaust. Has anyone mounted an MRT Aeroturbine single on their v6 and messed with it to get it flush with the rear end of the car? Or would a person maybe have to cut a section of the pipe between the back of the exhaust and the chrome tip, and re-weld it?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:46 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone with an MRT Aeroturbine Single Exhaust

The MRT is a direct bolt on kit, and thats what makes it so easy to install. The bad part about that is what your asking now. Adjustability... It is definitely possible to modify the exhuast to fit how you want it, but it will require custome modification. I would say that there will have to be some cutting and rewelding parts of the exhaust pipe as well as bending or moving the already welded on hangers. Maybe one other way would be to cut the tip off and shorten it a bit then weld it back on. In my opinian, I think the way the exhaust comes as is looks good, but its all about what you want.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:07 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: raubt

I've been flipping through the topics here and listening to tons of sound clips, and I'm definitely liking the sound of the MRT Aeroturbine (single exhaust) for my 2006 v6, but I was just wondering something about mounting it.

From what I've seen of pictures, the MRT exhaust tip sticks out past the rear fascia by like 2 or 3 inches. Is this always the case, or have people been mounting it that way on purpose? The flowmaster and magnaflow, by comparison, seem to be about flush with the rear fascia (like the stock exhaust is), and that's what I'd like to be able to do with the MRT exhaust. Has anyone mounted an MRT Aeroturbine single on their v6 and messed with it to get it flush with the rear end of the car? Or would a person maybe have to cut a section of the pipe between the back of the exhaust and the chrome tip, and re-weld it?

i loosened the mid-pipe a bit and had some loose area to play around with and got the tip to about 3/4 of an inch from the bumper, so it looks pretty flush. It looks pretty nice really, it doesn't look stock like the flowmaster does, but it looks good.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:09 PM
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

My question is the oposite...LOL!!! I kinda like the exhaust tip to stick out a little bit past the bumper... is there a way to put a different tip on the MRT AeroT??? I really like the borla ford racing tip!!! I want my MRT to look like that...possible???

Old 12-12-2006, 04:28 PM
goldenglory18
2nd Gear Member

My question is the oposite...LOL!!! I kinda like the exhaust tip to stick out a little bit past the bumper... is there a way to put a different tip on the MRT AeroT??? I really like the borla ford racing tip!!! I want my MRT to look like that...possible???
again, its all about cutting and rewelding.

unless you can get MRT to make a custom one for you, but that will cost some $$$, if they will even do it.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

you can buy an aero turbine muffler from the vicious motorsports site sponsor and weld the tip on urself and make the connector...have fun lol
Old 12-12-2006, 04:37 PM
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

Can't I just throw a new tip on there???I know it's proly a dumb question but I ask because my knowledge is .."so small".. and not sure if you CAN just throw and exhaust tip on a performance exhaust like an MRT aeroT...
Old 12-12-2006, 04:39 PM
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

Nice...thanks Jersey!!!

Old 12-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

yup...ur gonna need to weld it and make ur own connector and weld ur own hangers...its gonna be a bitch haha but more power to ya

edit-depending on if thats a mig or tig weld...if its a tig you can probably break it with a screwdriver and a hammer if u wanna take the time to try it....then just put the new one on and weld it so you dont have to worry about all the other welding hangers and crap
Old 12-12-2006, 06:50 PM
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

ummmmm....you lost me...

I was thinking of getting a tip on line that clamped on to the MRT tip... Is this not the best route?? Welding needs to be done by a pro...not me...I've never welded anything before...I just want my tip to stick out a bit... like the the borla...but if it's coung to be a pita than forget it...

Quick Reply: Anyone with an MRT Aeroturbine Single Exhaust