Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

explorer express claim...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Krazer
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: explorer express claim...

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Bscotti just ran a 13.2 on his peg leg HighPo kit. With water injection and LCA's. Not sure if he was running DR's.
wow that's very impressive! i'm just wondering about the claim on their site because the fastest i had seen until you posted this was that 13.6 by i think nav, but i know he had a good deal of suspension mods, with 3.73's and they were on drag radials....open diff, but still not even close to being stock other than lca's and the cali kit. If the cali kit has the potential for mid 13's with just lca's and someone can prove it, i am sold on the x-charger for sure.
here's some thing to think about... Nav and I have very similar setups... he has 3.73 and I have 4.10s... he was running SHORTER MT ETs (very sticky) and I was running TALLER M&Hs (so-so sticky)... so our gearing is actually about the same... Now my setup before my off-road pipe I was running low 13's... 13.2 into a 25MPH headwind! Compare this to Nav's 13.6 (which is what he has in the timeslip database... ???) And I could have easily swapped out the stock pulley and probably shaved another .2 off my ET...

And everyone talks about the low end grunt of the x-charger... hmmm... my 60' is actually a full .1 faster than an x-charger! LOL!

Sorry if I sound like a naysayer... but I don't know how a system that cost more and has less performance can be called impressive.. unless you are strictly judging it on looks... then yes, the x-charger is sex on wheels... but if you want max performance there are better options... IMHO....
John ocd03gro said in his quote he was referring to bscottie 13.20 ET and I have to agree with him also that is impressive with the X charger on a open rear end and stock gears!
You are looking very possible high 12's with gears with the X Charger

Old 12-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Krazer
2nd Gear Member

I was writing/ posting the same time ocd03gro was posting.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Krazer
2nd Gear Member

One more thing I would to point out also John lets set up bscotties car with 4.10's and drag radials then look at that 60' and then compare it!
Old 12-17-2006, 10:32 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

[well you also need to take into account your driving ability. As far as i know you have been to the track with your car many more times than nav has with his setup. He is running the cali kit i beleive, while you are running the hi-po vortech kit. I thought you had drag suspension and a t-loc, along with some other suspension goodies...an lsd helps majorly on a launch with the kind of torque you are putting down, so who's to say with the same supporting mods you have, he wouldn't be running faster 60' than you?

you are also most likely talking about the price you got from mrt or their sale prices for the more expensive part, but on vortech's website-
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...005_v6_ho.html

the HO system (when totally complete, not the tuner kit) is pretty much exactly the same as the x-charger, and supposedly the x is much easier to install and takes less install time, so it is likely cheaper over all.

As rygen said earlier, bscottie ran a 13.2 with an open-diff with the hi-po kit. I can easily see 12's if he can do that with an open diff.

I can see what you are saying, but i think your argument is very biased and a bit unfair. Please don't take that in a disrespectful way, that's just my opinion. i thought the same thing for a while, but have recently seen some very impressive stuff.
Actually Nav has as much track time, if not more than me! I went to the track in July for the FFW and then I didn go again until October... I was collecting car show trophys while Nav was collecting track trophies!!! LOL!

Now... lets look at Nav's sig:
06 V6 Premium Screaming Yellow, Auto, X-Charger Tuned By Bamachips, Magnaflow Axleback Exhaust, Richmond 3.73's & Trak Lok, Powerhouse CHE LCA's, Powerhouse Aluminum Driveshaft & Safety Loop, Powerhouse CHE Adjustable Panhard Bar, LPW Girdle, Line Lock. 1/4 mile 13.64@ 99.8 MPH

He actually has about the same exact mods! LOL! He's got the PH driveshaft... I've got the heavy stock DS... LOL! Ok... so he upgrades to the hi-po kit and runs 13.0 to 13.2... maybe even 12.99... I simply swap out my stock 3.25 pulley for the 2.87 sitting right here on my desk and now i've dropped probably close to .2 on my ET... my boost now comes on a bit earlier and my 60' gets even better... Sorry... but I think the x-charger will always be 1 step behind...
Old 12-17-2006, 10:32 PM
pallidamors
Banned

Is there any intercooled option available for the x charger or has anyone fabbed anything up?
Old 12-17-2006, 10:37 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Krazer

One more thing I would to point out also John lets set up bscotties car with 4.10's and drag radials then look at that 60' and then compare it!
Take a look at Nav's car... it is almost EXACTLY the same as mine! Yet my 60' is a .1 faster... LOL!

Interestingly enough we think we found a problem with my BMR LCAs last week... they seemed to be binding up, preventing the car from squatting properly so I wasn't getting the weight transfer like I should!!! We have since corrected the problem... the car is planting harder than it has EVER planted before!!! Just wish a local track was open to verify... LOL
Old 12-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Krazer
2nd Gear Member

Take a look at Nav's car... it is almost EXACTLY the same as mine! Yet my 60' is a .1 faster... LOL!

Interestingly enough we think we found a problem with my BMR LCAs last week... they seemed to be binding up, preventing the car from squatting properly so I wasn't getting the weight transfer like I should!!! We have since corrected the problem... the car is planting harder than it has EVER planted before!!! Just wish a local track was open to verify... LOL

John I am not talking about Nav's (6psi-8psi) car 60' I am talking about Bscotties Hi Pro (8psi-10psi) it would be interesting to see his 60' with 4.10's and DR's with a good launch vs yours.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:51 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

John I am not talking about Nav's (6psi-8psi) car 60' I am talking about Bscotties Hi Pro (8psi-10psi) it would be interesting to see his 60' with 4.10's and DR's with a good launch vs yours.
He actually had DRs... the stock gearing might even be helping him launch... with 4.10s you end up just spinning... if I knew then what I knew now, i probably would not have gone with the 4.10s... LOL
Old 12-18-2006, 12:40 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I think the other positive thing I like about the X Charger is the fact that I have not heard of a single failure or problem with it. On the other hand I've seen post after post on problems people have had with the centrifugal type SC's. For the ease of installation and safety of the system I'd give up a few tenths in the quarter mile to go wit the X.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:15 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

He actually had DRs... the stock gearing might even be helping him launch... with 4.10s you end up just spinning... if I knew then what I knew now, i probably would not have gone with the 4.10s... LOL
it's not the gearing im talking about, bscottie has an open diff and he ran a 13.2. Now, that is the best yet we have seen from the x-charger, but how long did it take for vortech to break into the twelves after numerous cars running the hi-po kit not getting there WITH a locker/lsd. Aren't you the only vortech in the 12's? I also beleive (im not positive) that nav's 13.6 was on an open diff...? not sure. You were also running an off-road y pipe in that 12 sec run were you not? I understand your whole argument, but i think you are still making a bit of an unfair comparison and with the fact that the x-charger is still getting much, much better times at the track than it was before, i beleive he bscottie will hit 12's without a doubt. You have to remember driving ability and everything involved. I also think talking about how x-charger is more expensive and puts down worse times is kinda lame...look at the procharger vs the vortech. The procharger is about the same price, yet i think it was ummm rainbow (can't remember, but you probably know who) ran a 12.8 on the stock pirrelis from the pony package with the procharger...that's better than any vortech time on street rubber i think. That doesn't make the vortech a worse system at all. Hell, the few other people on here running the HO vortech are not running 12's, they are mostly running close to the hi-po system times. After the info i have read about the x and what i have learned in this thread, it is a pretty damn good system if mid 13's is what you're looking for. They are obviously attainable with the system, the system is extremely simple with no piping or anything, is supposedly extremely responsive, and easy to install, and really, if you take price of install with other systems it is about the same price. I just think the 13.2 on an open diff is VERY close to what you ran a few times with your set up with a trac loc, that it is a drivers race if he got a locker or lsd. Again this is just my opinion, but i think so far the facts are there to say that the x is a contender with the centri's....maybe not the turbo.

Quick Reply: explorer express claim...