Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BMR V6 Strut Tower Brace...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 02:21 AM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: BMR V6 Strut Tower Brace...

ORIGINAL: cstigger04

OK here is a question why can't we use the GT's bar? Does the V-6 sit higher, seems to me that bar is real close....I love the bar and the engine cover....both are future MODs for me after GT bars...
When you say bar, I assume you mean the strut tower brace? The V6 intake plenum is much taller than the GT's intake plenum and braces for the GT do not clear the V6 intake plenum. Some of the brands made for the V6 rub on the underside of the hood insulation. BMR avoids this by having it run around the front of the plenum. I have a plenum cover and planned on buying the BMR brace and cutting down or cutting off the small front extension on the plenum cover. Since then Shelby has stated they are coming out with one in the future and I want to check it out first before I buy any strut tower brace.

Bad link on the Granatelli part above, correct link is: http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...strutbrace.htm

I looked at the Granatelli parts but I am dubious about it clearing a V6 plenum without washers or some kind of spacers. All the pictures on the site show it mounted on a GT. I would insist on seeing it on a V6 before I would buy one.

Midwest Auto Plenum cover

BMR strut tower brace
Old 12-27-2006, 09:00 PM
cstigger04
2nd Gear Member

Yes I did.....thank you for the info...I knew one was taller than the other...."intake " wasn't sure which.....and you state that shelby is coming out with one.....then I will wait for that one, asI already amwaiting for other partsto get from shelby....Thanks alot for clearing that up for me.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:34 AM
Ant69
2nd Gear Member

That's a great piece it looks like it would be effective at any rate!
Old 01-17-2007, 02:02 AM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4LITER6

ORIGINAL: 4.0 Stang

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING, WHY WOULD YOU GET THAT.....

JUST KIDDING IT LOOKS GOOD, HOPE U LIKE IT.

Thanks man!!! BMR is quality....................materials and welding second to none!!!
Awaiting other BMR parts......

Cheers!!!

Future Mods have forced me to let go of this wonderful part if interested please PM me........Like New!!!
I hate to see agood friend go.......needs a warm engine compartment and some struts to tend to.........Please PM me.....[sm=boohoo.gif]