Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Merry Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 02:04 AM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Merry Christmas

Alsmost forgot to wish everyone a happy holiday :-) and best of everything regardless of what your believe is.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:01 AM
Shipwreck
1st Gear Member

Merry Christmas everyone. Drive safe during the Holiday's.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:24 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

Right on man. That makes alot more sense than a tree on Jesus' b-day!!! But I'll take any excuse to do a burnout!!!

ORIGINAL: thatstang

ORIGINAL: james4litre

Merry Christmas, remember Jesus' birth today, and honor it with a burnout
Just as a side note. No One really knows when Jesus was born. December 25 originaly was a pegan holiday in Rome that celebrates the Sun God on the winter solstice. There have been many festivals of every sort around winter solstice dating back to Babylonians. This was always a time a great merry making, there were big dinners, people carrying lighted candles through the streets, and giving gifts was a common practice.
Constantine The Great made Christianity religion of Rome and needed a way to convert the pegans running around Rome with candles and presents to Christianity so the story goes.....
My opinion is that people in America commercialized this holiday too much. It is a joyfull holiday and should be spent with family and loved once but should not be taken to extremes.
Hannukah is another holiday that is blown out of proportions and some even compare it to Christmas.
Hannukah is a veru small holiday for Jews and not as significant as some others like Passover and Rosh Hashanah.
Just wanted to throw some history facts out there for you to digest. I like to question everything like every man should.

Old 12-26-2006, 02:41 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

me too :-)

I am learning about glaciation periods now and love to prove those environmental wackos wrong who insist that we are the cause of Global Warming. Global Warming is a natural phenomenon and and we contribute very little to it. Besides, after reading about glaciation periods, Global Warming sounds more attractive and promissing :-)
Different subject.....