Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

remote car starter

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 06:32 PM
james4litre

Default RE: remote car starter

its not that complicated with a manual tranny, leave it out of gear, then straight wire the clutch inhibitor fuse if it exists on the 05s, im getting a new security system and I was wondering the same thing, what i mentioned above is how we did it on a friend of mines car
Old 12-26-2006, 07:21 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

huh interesting
Old 12-27-2006, 01:10 AM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

This is what I got for Christmas and the total cost was $209 installed. The Mustang takes some type of an alarm bypass module and I haven't had it installed yet so I'm not so sure what it bypasses. I'll know more tomorrow. I've had one on my Nissan Maxima for 10 years and love it.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:18 AM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

alright thanks, yea let me know what happens.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Ok, I called the place where my wife bought this device and they said the bypass unit is in fact a bypass for the chipped key not being in the ignition when the car is remote started. It's supposed to be installed next Wednesday.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:40 PM
blacklaw

I had mine professionally installed with my alarm. I love it. Yes, I spent a bit more for the bypass.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Jason1114

I had one installed at the dealer yesterday. They put in the bypass with an uncut key that is "keyed" to your car. I had the dealer do it as it is now covered under my factory waranty. Paid close to 600 but it was worth it in my mind not to save a few buck only to have an electrical problem and have the dealer blame the autostart
Old 12-27-2006, 08:54 PM
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

Sooo it is possible to have this autostart feature in a manual ??????? Not sure anyone really answered that question...I always thought it wasn't possible...[&:]
Old 12-27-2006, 09:44 PM
workshop4ever
2nd Gear Member

No, this can not be installed in a manual. It can be installed to work properly by removing the switch that determines when the clutch is pressed (allowing the car to start while the clutch is not pressed), but it is illegal and dangerous. The problem comes when you leave the car in first gear and accidentally start, the car will start and drive off un-manned. As for the install, if you are comfortable with a radio install this will not be a problem for you. I installed one in my previous car, that i purchased from best buy, and it only took me about an hour and a half. Just follow the directions carefully and make sure you check everything twice before you try starting it.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:05 PM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

im not sure if its possible for our car since i have never seen it with our car but my friend had it on his 03' mach1 which was stick. i didnt know he even had it till we were at dennys and he told me to go check on his car after we were done eating and i see him walking fast out of dennys and his car turn on. ill ask him how he got it to work in his car next time i see him

Quick Reply: remote car starter