Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

XCharger Men - Give me your current impressions

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 03:31 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: XCharger Men - Give me your current impressions

LX it looks like you got a little more than you asked for, I will be the 2nd with the Xcharger to comment, I have had the Xcharger on for several months (4 exactly), I have not had any problems to date, it is fun as hell, gets a lot of positive comments, and I think it looks great, you have been around enough to see what rygen and screaming have done with theirs with the other options, I think you will do well with any of the f/i options, some good points are getting a good tune and buying from a good source, if you do have problems you will need good tech support etc.,

also to note, I ran a 13.2@105mph on 12-16-06 at Sacramento Raceway, keep in mind I am running the hi-po kit with water injection and a smaller pulley. not to shabby, good luck with your decision
Old 12-28-2006, 06:11 AM
Ant69
2nd Gear Member

I still can't decide? S/C orT/C?
Old 12-28-2006, 07:15 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k
Idiot! You aren't quoting me dipstick! Kills me what people will make up to be right ROLF!

To the other observer, I wasn't trying to start a fight here. Let's all chill out and decide we are all entitled to our own opinions. I'm quite sure the yellow pony owner with the blown V6 is quite happy with his toy.

Anyway, this discussion has really begun to bore me. I'm bowing out and you tinkeringkids can go on humoring others by trying to be right. I have nothing to prove, especially to you guys. I'm happy with the way my stang is set up. If I want a super *** kicken Mustang, I'll simply go write a check for a Shelby GT 500. As a matter of fact, I'll probably be one of the first to purchase the new 2009 if Ford actually caughs up the goods they're spreading rumors about.
I did not make anything up... You did in fact say exactly what I said you did. It's right here: https://mustangforums.com/m_2328112/tm.htm It's post #4, dated 11/29/06... Hmmmm.... I guess that would make you a liar...
Old 12-28-2006, 01:13 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bscottie

LX it looks like you got a little more than you asked for, I will be the 2nd with the Xcharger to comment, I have had the Xcharger on for several months (4 exactly), I have not had any problems to date, it is fun as hell, gets a lot of positive comments, and I think it looks great, you have been around enough to see what rygen and screaming have done with theirs with the other options, I think you will do well with any of the f/i options, some good points are getting a good tune and buying from a good source, if you do have problems you will need good tech support etc.,

also to note, I ran a 13.2@105mph on 12-16-06 at Sacramento Raceway, keep in mind I am running the hi-po kit with water injection and a smaller pulley. not to shabby, good luck with your decision
bscottie... well thanks for actually answering my initial message question!! Talk about hijacking a thread. Hey, I did not know you went with the boss strips. Looks good. See you have the black wheels as well. I chickened out on them and went with the GT silver take-offs. Yours look good.

Are you running the standard B A M A tune or something else??
Old 12-28-2006, 03:16 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

now i'm going to hijack the thread, because i haven't posted in about a month.

scottie, the car looks great with the boss stripes, and i'm glad that the xcharger is working so well for you. where exactly is the sacramento raceway located? me and the future wife are possibly relocating to sacramento, and a dragstrip would be nice to have some fun at.

oh yeah, isn't there an intercooler available for the xcharger?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I just caught this thread. As the very happy owner of X-Charger S/N 004, I can absolutely say I would go the same way were I given another chance. The "X" is a huge amount of fun. The HP and torque boost are great, and I'm still getting about 26mpg on the highway (and that's with 3.73's in the rearend). The kit, instructions, etc are all world class. And looks? We did a fall foliage run up here a few months ago, and had about twenty 'stangs including Cobra's, highlymodded GT's, etc and it was the "X" that drew the biggest crowd and nicest commentswhen we were parked with the hoods up. It's a nice feeling.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20924/CF2DA6CD5E5F45919C20448B8403AD5D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20924/B3A911B3F76847D48C3CE9675DFC964B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-28-2006, 10:07 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Does it come in Black? Nice Ride!!!
[sm=drooldude.gif]
Cheers!

Old 12-28-2006, 10:36 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Torch... wow, nice carbon brace on your car.... where did you get that!! Same for the braided radiator hose, where did you get that??

Links would be nice....

Have you dynoed your results?? You have HiPo kit, right?
Old 12-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Thanks,

I'm afraid I can't be much help with the brace. I got it last year from a small outfit called Ecosse, but they appear to have dropped off the face of the planet sortly thereafter (I've had lots of requests for info on that. It's too bad they don't seem to be around, it's a beautiful, functional piece)

The braided hose is actually a sleeve/clamp kit made by Spectre (http://www.spectreperformance.com )over the rubber hose included in the X-Charger kit. You can find their sleeve kits at Autozone, Pep Boys, etc. Very easy to install, and really jazzes up the underhood look.

My car is currently running the CA Spec kit (I didn't want to wait the extra month or two until the Hipo kit was ready to ship). I'll be upgrading to the Hipo shortly. Meantime I've had months of enjoyment instead of anxiety about when the Hipo would be shipping.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:04 AM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Rygen, can you clarify what you meant when you said that you can "bust a centri loose". I'm assuming that you mean break the tires loose, not something bad. Is that right? Also, is the Procharger a relatively easy install? I'm really on the fence. I'm trying to decide If I want to go with the X (cool looking, easy install), the Procharger (better performance but not as cool looking) or just get a GT and start over again. I know that the turbo is the best way to get the most power, but I really don't like them that much, too much stuff in the engine compartment. I'm not a regular racer, just a guy that likes the thrill of a good hard kick in the driver's seat.

Quick Reply: XCharger Men - Give me your current impressions