Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

May seem like a dumb question...but..

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 03:20 AM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: May seem like a dumb question...but..

yea a couple times i got flashed..slowed down..and then 2 seconds later see a cop waitin on the right
Old 12-29-2006, 03:21 AM
05BlackPony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: raubt

Compared to most other vehicles I've seen, the Mustang's default headlights (not high beams) are pretty nasty -- bright, that is. If somebody flashes their high beams at you and you just have your headlights or fogs on, pull the headlight control back toward you to flash your high beams back at them -- those are really bright. Maybe they'll take the hint and screw off.

And Rnstanger, unless you're car is severely screwed up, you probably have high beams, maybe you just haven't found the switch to turn them on or whatever yet. I believe a car has to have high beams to be road-legal, and since Mustangs (even the little v6's) all have high beams, you car is probably no different. They don't have two seperate bulb compartments for the high beams/regular headlights, but if you look at your controls or the manual or whatever, you'll most probably find your high beams (again, unless your car has some kind of defect, or you modded it and took them out or something). Or maybe you just meant you don't have fog lights (the little ones in the center grille on the Sixer, or the huge ones in the center grille on the GT.)
lol I do that EVERY time somebody flashes at me for no reason.

To me its like... "You think these are bright? How about THIS ?(Highbeams lol)"
Old 12-29-2006, 11:28 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Just flash back. At certain angles our lights look pretty bright.. so they may think your brights are on. If it's during the day.. they are admireing your car.. and you still flash back.

ORIGINAL: goffball5

I have noticed that as I am driving, I have been getting alot of people flashin their high beams at me...now....one night, it happened very often, i got out of the car, looked at the front of it (to see if there was a problem with the lights) and there wasnt a thing wrong..now im wondering...is this something that maybe mustang owners do when they arent in their mustang and they see one? haha anybody know?
Old 01-07-2007, 11:24 PM
linesma
2nd Gear Member

When I pass a semi-truck on the road, I will flash my brights twice to let them know that I am coming around. If the semi-driver is a very experienced driver, he will return the favor when you are past him to let you know you are clear. Then courtesy dictates that you flash your brake lights in thanks. I also will flash my lights at someone who is driving slow in the left lane. Most people get the hint and change over to the right lane where slow traffic belongs. I picked up the habit of doing both things when I lived in Europe. It was considered bad form not to do those things, especially by the German police ($350 ticket for not signaling to pass with both the turn signal and flashing of the lights)
Old 01-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Thomas Ford
2nd Gear Member

^ All cars have high beams! DUH ^^^^
Old 01-11-2007, 09:04 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

I have experienced this too. I have the Pony Package, and people are always flashing their lights at me while I am driving with the fog lights on.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

people do it 2 me all the time but its other mustangs just saying hello....
Old 01-12-2007, 12:41 AM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Our low beams are really bright. I've had my Pony 3 weeks and have been flashed a couple times.
I gave them a quick high beam flash.Fog lights were not on. Talking about lights, I just ordered the sequential brake/turn signal kit. Can't wait to get it.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:58 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

wait till you get regular sized fog lights! On my GT everytime I drive someone flashes me!

p.s.-blinding people that flash me is fun [sm=lildevil.gif][sm=lildevil.gif][sm=lildevil.gif]