Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just a little excited!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 04:00 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default Just a little excited!

This week is going to be a good week if all goes well. Tomorrow the stang goes in to have some minor body work done as well as fix a few egg marks from people who I guess wish they were me... I also might take the mustang strip off the sides too. Right when I get the car back my tunes from brenspeed should be in my hands on the SCT x-cal2...I plan on taking a road trip one day down to the Jersey shore to finish off the 87 gasI have now, then fillin it up with 93 at sea level and lettin her ripp!! The streets down there at this time of year are empy as can be. This will also give my car a chance to get used to the new tunes (about a 200mi trip total) With my luck it will prob snow or some crap like that...Ill post the info on the tunes when I get to test them as I know it is alwaysa hot topic. Just venting...laterr.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:11 AM
Sick Six
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Just a little excited!

Well congrats and good luck! Let us know
how everything goes.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:22 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

congrats man!

btw, you can buy octane boost at the gas station to bring the 87 level up lol. might spare you a big drive
Old 01-02-2007, 09:32 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

nah, the drive is what its all about my man...octane booster is no good anyway...
Old 01-02-2007, 01:07 PM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

might spare you a huge fine for street racing/speeding as well.. they have a unit dedicated to that, from what i've heard.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:33 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Could be true...I will not be racing anyone...just some of my own testing...Nothing stupid...I have a house down there I want to go to soI can visit my cousin also. Cruise control down and back on 70...I plan to drive around town normally and feel the difference...I just dont want a lot of car around me while in tesing my car. I can concentrate on what my car is doing rather then avoiding idiots on the road.

ORIGINAL: DelStang86

might spare you a huge fine for street racing/speeding as well.. they have a unit dedicated to that, from what i've heard.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:11 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Thats very cool! Congrats!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:09 PM
jim01028
2nd Gear Member

I think the stripe looks good, but how would you remove it?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:48 AM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

I did the exact same thing!!! I loaded up my 87 tune, drove the tank dry, then loaded up for the 93 tune.

I love my tunes from Brenspeed. I pretty much exclusively used the 93 tune, but I had to bring my car in for some service at the dealership and switched back to 87. I continued for a while on 87 due to prices jumping up all of a sudden, but I just recently switched back to 93, and let me tell you, if your tunes work like mine, there is a world of difference between the 87 and 93 tunes. I think the 87 tune has a bit more neck-snap to it, but the 93 tune definitely has more power and the car seems to drivemuch muchbetter with that tune as well. Maybe that has something to do with higher octance gas, but I guess I can't be absolutely sure. What do you think? How do you like your tunes?

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

Right when I get the car back my tunes from brenspeed should be in my hands on the SCT x-cal2...I plan on taking a road trip one day down to the Jersey shore to finish off the 87 gasI have now, then fillin it up with 93 at sea level and lettin her ripp!!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:59 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Yeah today was my mothers birthday and I also brought the car in for work today...When she heard that I wanted to take the stripes off she got a little upset because she really likes the stripes....Soooo I left them on for her...Its ok, I got used to them. To take them off you can hit them with a heat gun and slowly peal them off and then remove the glue left behind.

ORIGINAL: jim01028

I think the stripe looks good, but how would you remove it?

Quick Reply: Just a little excited!