X-Charger and boost questions - Page 10 - MustangForums.com

Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger and boost questions

Old 01-18-2007, 04:46 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: X-Charger and boost questions

ORIGINAL: 07AlloyGT

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I like the six, like the cast iron block it comes with. And really like the new numbers I'm getting out of it. Blown V8's will not be an issue for my car. I'm hunting Vettes, low 11 second cars and high 10 second cars next season.
how much does it cost to do that?

i've got an old beater 3.8 that i could work on.
Getting the 4.0 into the high to mid 11's on stock block is doable with a very conservative tune, more boost and supporting setup (suspension, tires, etc). 10's takes a lot more work, I don't even want to go there. To get the 3.8 into the 10's, I know a few that did it with a TMA twin turbo. The guy who knows how to push the 3.8's is Justin with VMP tuning. Hes got a stock block 3.8 in the 10's. A lot of the 3.8 guys have built motors, pistons, cams, etc. Delk got thier 3.8 into the 9's. I need to check out the 3.8 section here, I know there are a bunch of hard core 3.8 guys over on v6power.net. The 3.8s make great dedicated track cars, parts are cheap for them.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:13 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

okay but cost is what i'm looking at. the possibility is there for the car to run those speeds/times but what i'm looking at is the cash factor.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:17 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Yea, my bad. I know you had cost in mind. I honestly don't know how much it costs for the 3.8 guys. But, Justin at VMP tuning does. Hes built several.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:25 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

how much did it run you to do all the mods to your car? i went to your site but it just lists everything you've bought, not what it cost.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:45 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

To run high 12's, Check out the Tech Faq for this section:

https://mustangforums.com/m_1189936/tm.htm

Soldshort copied a post of mine on building a 4.0 performance car that listed prices. After I hit high 12's is when the mod list on my site went from being a minimalist to a high junkie. I was able to hit high 12's on 8.5lbs of boost, and had probably 6.7K I think into the car at that time in performance mods.

I'm not the right model for for such an comparrison. I got addicted real quick and started shot gunning my mods. A good example is Ranebowcyxx's car. He runs 12.8s with his Procharger, I think hes at 3.5K in mods and did it on street tires. The costs for the 4.0 are higher than the 3.8 from what I heard. Hes still under the 25K marker for the car with his appearance mods as well, I think. I need to ask him again.

So if you are comparing it to your 3.8 then I wouldn't count on my numbers. For example, TMA turbo kits for the 3.8 are 3.5 to 4.2k depending on the kit. Here is a good list if you are looking to mod that 3.8:

http://www.moXddedXmustangs.com/foru...st-vt3770.html
[cut & paste link and remove both X's]

EDIT: How many web sites are filtered on this site? The list I linked to is a great reference for 3.8s.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:19 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

To add to the monetary debate....

I paid, with taxes and everything else, $20500 out the door. I have an '06 V6 Premium, Pony Package, manual transmission, leather, interior sport appearance package, Skipper500. More than enough goodies for me.

I then got the Flowmaster AT axle-back for $225, K & N Aircharger for $200, and my SCT XCal2 was a birthday present from the girlfriend (what a woman!). The GT front end isn't a performance mod, but that was paid for by the guy who backed into me at the gas station.

Now, I've got the X-Charger Hi-Po kit on the way for $3595, the 2.8" pulley and tunes for $225. I'm going to do the install myself (I think). So, I should be able to beat a mildly modded GT (correct me if I'm wrong). My total cost in mods comes to $4245. That brings my total cost for the car to $24,745. You can't get a GT for that I'm sure, and I'm fairly certain that my version should be able to outperform a GT.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Krazer
2nd Gear Member

Beaustang passing some info on to ya, I talked to Doug yesterdaypulley, tune and on running 4.10’s with the X Charger of course mentioned higher rpms per (non factor imo for me) express way driving which we already know and also tq with the X charger. But he said if looking mainly for performance you will run a faster ¼ mile ET with the 4.10’s vs the 373’s with the X Charger.

The other thing I am thinking and hopeabout this setupI also love imo when you can nail the throttle from a roll in first gear and just light up the tires and have the rear end walk out a little bit this to me is pure street fun. Of course at the track no doubt will need drag radials but intend anyway on getting a set I am thinking 4.10’s and the X Charger might be the hot setup for track ET’s but we will see.

Just to point to a couple cars that Evo GT 500 Shelby Mustang 5.4 with a Eaton supercharger is running well over 500rwhp and 500rwtq and is running 4.10’s.There is a guy out by me running 04 Mustang supercharged close to 500rwhp & 500rwtq guy is running 4.30’s street driven.
If your looking for performance like mentioned above and fast et’s I think your going to like your 4.10’s if your not into the above stuff then 373’s might be the gears for you.

I didn’t know you had 4.10’s with your manual till you mentioned it looks like you the only one also look forward to you opinion once you get the X Charger installed.

13 X Chargers sold thinkthey rasied the cap from 12 to 18 if anyone is till thinking about it.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:45 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the info on the gears, I'm looking forward to getting the X installed and ruining my Pirellis!