Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Question for my younger brothers and sisters

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 12:58 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Question for my younger brothers and sisters

im partial to FR500's myself.....LOL
Old 01-06-2007, 01:01 AM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

Thought you would be...
Old 01-06-2007, 01:37 AM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Fallfast, you got a great looking car, looks very clean.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:06 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BillsXchargerfund

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

Fitbikeco ran a 14.5 with a single MRT muffler, XCAL2, MMR Intake and Dougs tunes. Damn impressive for 2 bolt ons and a tune IMO. And he's a peg leg.
doug is at b-amachips right? hmmm...

was that run on street rubber? that's pretty damn amazing if it was!
GT/V6 Pony Package Stock Pneros. Yes, Doug as in b-amachips.com
No disrespect, but is fistbikeco's car a factory-freak? I mean, some cars seem to be hotter (more powerful) than others.
i think the major thing is, most of the people running faster times are the only people that really go to the track often and know what they are doing...fazm, boss 244, fitbikeco (i think he has gone more than a few times not sure) all have pretty good track experience...you see some bolt on 4.0's running like 15 flats and 14.9's their first time at the track and never going back.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:46 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sonicblue05

yeah they answered it, i have had a couple run ins with the 3.8's they are mostly pretty easy kills one had duals and was a close race,i assume he had other mods....
the 4.0 is closer to the New Edge gt than to the 3.8 i think...(the gt is faster yes but with bolt ons a 4.0 can hang)
how do you figure? GT take offs and a tune for a 5 speed or GT take offs and a jmod for an auto and your already drivers race new edge vs s197, i hate to break it to you, but the s197s are not THAT much faster then the old cars. the 3.8s dont respond as well to basic bolt ons cause they are already well balanced from the factory
Old 01-06-2007, 01:09 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

yeah they answered it, i have had a couple run ins with the 3.8's they are mostly pretty easy kills one had duals and was a close race,i assume he had other mods....
the 4.0 is closer to the New Edge gt than to the 3.8 i think...(the gt is faster yes but with bolt ons a 4.0 can hang)
how do you figure? GT take offs and a tune for a 5 speed or GT take offs and a jmod for an auto and your already drivers race new edge vs s197, i hate to break it to you, but the s197s are not THAT much faster then the old cars. the 3.8s dont respond as well to basic bolt ons cause they are already well balanced from the factory
What do you mean...and also the 4.0's sound like good modding platforms. Lets not turn this into a 3.8/4.0 **** flinging contest, I just wanted to see how the two stacked up
Old 01-06-2007, 01:10 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

Thanks buckman! I try and tell new members to keep their car clean and make sure all your appearence mods compliment the lines and shape of the car.

On a side note: It's always good to talk to another Eagles Fan!!!!!!!![sm=yeahsmile.gif]
Old 01-06-2007, 02:40 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Fitbikeco ran a 14.5 with a single MRT muffler, XCAL2, MMR Intake and Dougs tunes. Damn impressive for 2 bolt ons and a tune IMO. And he's a peg leg.

No disrespect, but is fistbikeco's car a factory-freak? I mean, some cars seem to be hotter (more powerful) than others.
i think the major thing is, most of the people running faster times are the only people that really go to the track often and know what they are doing...fazm, boss 244, fitbikeco (i think he has gone more than a few times not sure) all have pretty good track experience...you see some bolt on 4.0's running like 15 flats and 14.9's their first time at the track and never going back.
you're kidding right?

i can believe it though.

there are people that don't get the fact that car is only as fast as the guy driving it, and learning to drag race on the track is way different than on the street. dumb@$$es.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:15 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

it is a drivers race if the s197 driver is worse than the split-port driver. Most people run the split ports in mid-high 15's from what i have seen. Most stick s197's run low low 15's stock and autos run lowish 15's stock. The s197's are a fair amount faster stock and with bolt ons the gap just gets bigger. The 3.8 deserves more respect than it gets because the split-ports are faster than they get credit for, but you are always very partial towards the 3.8 and from my run ins with 3.8's i can tell you with close to equal drivers stock, it is not that close.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:16 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: omer333

you're kidding right?

i can believe it though.

there are people that don't get the fact that car is only as fast as the guy driving it, and learning to drag race on the track is way different than on the street. dumb@$$es.
uhhh what would i be kidding about?

Quick Reply: Question for my younger brothers and sisters