Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tokico d spec & Eibach pro kit needs panhard

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:41 PM
ortcele
1st Gear Member

Default Tokico d spec & Eibach pro kit needs panhard

Well I ordered the tokico d specs and the eibach pro kit plus camber bolts. I really hope I made the best decision. I believe I have every thing I need??? Once I get the parts I plan to go to tire kingdom performance and have the install done since they have the lowered car aliment rack. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated regarding set up installation and anything related. Thanks Do i need a panhard bar ???
Old 01-05-2007, 11:10 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Tokico d spec & Eibach pro kit

Hmm i not sure what all comes in the tockico kit...im guessing struts and shocks right? its too expensive for me to look into lol.......
sersonally i would reccomend installing yourself and save a few hundred bucks....i did springs its easy, and shocks and struts is just as easy...three to four hours for first timers....then drive it to the shop and have them align it.......thats IMHO
look up a writeup by TacoBill on spring swap, its a GREAT guide
Old 01-07-2007, 07:27 PM
ortcele
1st Gear Member

Please I really need to know do I need a panhard bar my car is stock other than the tokico dpecs and eibach prokit I will have installed this Friday. Im on the sock wheels and I DONOT have a pony package .

I know you guys say do the install my self I have done some custom exhaust work on my old car and anintake but I don’t really want to be messing with my suspension,just worried half way threw the job ill get stuck or even worse have left over parts .
Old 01-07-2007, 07:54 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

i made a write up aswell on a spring install

a pan hard bar is not nessasairy.

also i recomend do one side at a time, so if you run into an issue you can refer to the other side ... the rear end of the car is real simple to do . the front is as easy, you just need a spring compressor
Old 01-07-2007, 11:41 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Once you get them installed please give a detailed impression of the ride quality. I have the Eibachs and my ride quality has really suffered, I'm hoping the Tokicos will smooth it out.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:38 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

yeah my ride quality took a poop after a few months on the eibachs.. im hoping its the shocks..

but having my car on the ramp hiost before i put her away. i learned that my rear end is sittin on the bump stops.. and my car is way lower than the claimed drop. its like i have sportlines that were painted black
Old 01-08-2007, 01:41 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I've gotta check that out.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:07 AM
ortcele
1st Gear Member

I willdefinitely write a review and describe ride quality, how sporty the ride feels, plus any good or bad issues with the setup. I am glad to hear that the drop it actually more than the 1.3 1.4 advertised. Since - 1.5 in between the tire and fender does not seam like too much to me.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:31 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

looking at the numbers it doesnt look like much.. .but visually it stands out
Old 01-08-2007, 07:38 PM
enorym
2nd Gear Member

I have that on my car. With tein springs. No you dont need a panhard bar. It will bolt into place with all your stock stuff. Its a hell of a ride with it turned up all the way firm but its soo controlable depending on your tire choice. AND THIS IS FROM EXPERIANCE needless to say. I have my camber set at a -2 degree in the front. But my front tires are wider than most peoples rear tires. Have fun it will totaly enlighten your ride experiance. What spring rate are your eibachs the tein stech's I used are 3.1kg or 174inlbs.? I went with full Nippon Suspension cause thats what im used to on my race cars.