Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

new plan of attack on corvette and others

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 11:51 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: new plan of attack on corvette and others

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

plus I've had a girlfriend since October of freshmen year (2003).
LOL, GF's and car modding mix like oil and water. Mod the car to get the girl, once you have her....car fund isn't available for some reason. LOL.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:54 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

I guess I'll just give up on the "sleeper" because I don't think I could not put the stripes on. O well, guess I'll just have a show and go car! Plus going off to college in 8 or 9 months will keep my friend and I away from each other for a while. He is planning on U of Miami and I want Fordham in the Bronx. We will only see each other on holiday breaks. Plus I can go home and work on my car easily since I live about 20 miles away from my college.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:59 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

plus I've had a girlfriend since October of freshmen year (2003).
LOL, GF's and car modding mix like oil and water. Mod the car to get the girl, once you have her....car fund isn't available for some reason. LOL.
She doesn't like my theory that faster is better, but she knows that when it comes to my car that I make the decisions. Plus her family is very wealthy so she tries to pay for everything. Once in a while I let her pay for dinner, but other than that I try to pay for 85% of all meals, movies, etc. We definately have a thing for each other. I don't want to say we love each other for fear of criticism and the "you're too young to know what love is" sort of thing, but we really do.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:15 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

damn dude....that's gonna be nuts. If you build the block...put a NOS atomizer kit on it with 3 stage injection with methanol injection and a supercharger...oh lordy. The thing will be streetable just if you hit the nitrous it might explode lol. you seem like you're on the right track though.
-Mike
Old 01-09-2007, 12:15 AM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

It's all good man! The car is plenty quick as it is, make her look like a million bucks, I'm sure you'll be very happy!!!

I went to Dickinson College in PA, chemistry major and pre-med. I dated a girl for all 4 years just to find out she cheated on me when she studied abroad our junior year. I went off to medschool, she broke things off. I worked in the chem labs setting them up for the other chem classes, and I tutored organic chemistry for two years, all paid. Let me tell you, if I knew then what I know now, I definitely had some 10s I could've had my way with. But I'm not that kind of guy...

The current gf (soon to be fiance, shhhhhh) and I were together before the car. Luckily for me, she loves the sixer and wants to learn to drive a manual in it (eh), and her father is big time into cars, which then by conditioning makes her into cars, which makes my modding very acceptable, if not encouraged. Gotta love it when she says, "Did you hear that fart can pass us? What are you waiting for?" Now THAT'S a woman!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

dude i'm going to look at Fordham for next year LOL
Old 01-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

built 4.5L stroker, heads/ cams and PH turbowill do the job.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:23 AM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

Just storytelling bro! I have a friend here at medschool who went to Fordham...he loved it there. I lived at home in Brooklyn and commuted if I remember correctly. Good luck with the rest of senior year and with the college search!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Mark_Henry

Exterior: CDC Chin Spoiler, 10" Gloss white Lemans stripes, FORD hood lettering, MUSTANG decklid lettering, chrome taillight and 3rd taillight bezels, chrome door handle covers, 14" billet antenna, , window tint
I thought you wanted a sleeper? This isn't sleeper - it's pure show and wasted weight. Forget all of it.

Exhaust
: Flowmaster American Thunder Axle Back (Stay single or go true duals? I want to keep the non-performance look with sleeper power), electric cut-outs (IMO, perfect for a V6 sleeper)
The Flowmaster is fine, I run that myself. I'd also keep it a single rather than replumb for a dual.

Drivetrain
: Hurst shifter, Hurst line locks, upgrade to GT take-off 8.8" rear, gears (4.10 or 3.73? I want to still have the car streetable)
The shifter is fine, but I'd forget the rear-end upgrade - more weight and it's not needed. Keep the stock 7.5", but upgrade your gears to 4.10 and add a t-loc differential (both from Ford Racing are fine - cost about $500 and another $400-600 to install).

Handling
: open to suggestions (not too much of the low rider look)
I strongly suggest the front and rear swaybars from Hellwig Products. They're more expensive than buying GT take-offs, but they're well worth the extra money. Not only are these top-notch products but the company really stands behind them. I screwed up the installation of my rear bar and ruined two bushings - they FedEx'd a complete set of replacements to me free of charge! I saw a massive improvement in cornering and overall stability from these.

Engine
: UDP, NGK Iridium IX Spark plugs, Steeda fuel injectors (what size?), 93 octane tune

F/I: Zex Nitrous 75 hp shot, Zex racer's tuner kit, supercharger (most power with least amount of whine. Still want to keep it streetable and able to contend while street/drag racing)
I'd go with the X-Charger myself (getting ready to order it next week when I get back from Memphis), but I would think twice about the NOS unless you're cool with taking the chance of popping your motor. If you run 6-8lbs of boost (basically less than 10) you should be reasonably safe with the motor. Once you add NOS into that mix you'll really be pushing the stock setup.

If you are dead set on it I'd suggest a complete top-end rebuild, ported and polished heads, new cams, forged pistons, rods, etc. By the time you get done beefing up the motor (unless you can do it yourself, but if you could you wouldn't be asking - you'd be doing) you'll have $6-10k into the motor.

Wheels/Tires
: 17"x9" Antracite Wheels in front, 18"x10" DD Anthracite Wheels in back, BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 255/40ZR17 tires in front, BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 285/40ZR18 tires in back
Again, not a sleeper setup. Keep your stock wheels, or better yet buy the cheapest POS wheels you can buy, then put the best rubber you can afford on them.

Of couse, this is only 1/2 of the equation. What you need to do in the meantime is learn to drive that thing. And I don't mean race it on the road. I mean find a track near you and see if there's a class or anyone there who can teach you how to handle your car properly at speed.

Mark Henry

Old 01-09-2007, 01:27 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ehh i dono if i agree with much of this....why go 75 shot on top of forced induction when you are gonna pay the money for the forced induction anyway....the money you spend on a proper nitrous system (im assuming zex as most go with that and it seems safest) you will probably have about 1200 bucks....with that kinda cash you could get some forged pistons and maybe beef up the rods a bit (the pins seem to be a weak point) and throw more boost at it. with that kind internal work, you could run 15psi safely and make some mean *** power and if you plan on heads and cams GOD DAMN! many people dont realize that a blower can use boost control much like a turbo can, so if you want the nitrous so you arent adding extra stress on the street, again just stick with the blower and get some boost control. have two tunes. one for the street at say 11 psi (whatever you want) and one for the track at like 15. This would save some extra wear on your motor, and this whole path would be much safer than going blower/nitrous on stock internals. this kinda power is gonna take lots of cash tho...your clutch wont hold up long at that kinda power, the 7.5 may break (if you keep it) and just be prepared to have problems. you wont necessarily have them, but it is likely that you will run into something and at that point you NEED to be prepared. too many people just jump into a big power forced induction setup, blow their motors then dont have the money to rebuild it and then they are ****ED. I dont beleive it has happened on these forums yet, but it will. Just be smart about everything. Power is addictive and awesome, just like sex, but just like sex, a little bit of herpes could pop up and ruin your whole ****in day[&o]

boost=not for the faint at heart
nitrous= for either the insane or those with huge will power and lots of mechanical knowledge
both=wow you are just insane my friend.

Quick Reply: new plan of attack on corvette and others