Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

new plan of attack on corvette and others

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:32 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Default new plan of attack on corvette and others

I posted this on the 2005+ General forum, but some of the GT guys aren't helping so I'll post here too.

After some of the crap my friend has been giving me about my "slow" car, over the next few years I will be working on my revenge by making my car the ultimate sleeper, a Corvette killer (pre 2006). He is always challenging me to races because he has a 1993 Corvette 6spd (300 hp) and knows I have a V6 Mustang. I will need some suggestions for various parts as you read on. Here is my list so far of what I plan on doing:

Exterior: CDC Chin Spoiler, 10" Gloss white Lemans stripes, FORD hood lettering, MUSTANG decklid lettering, chrome taillight and 3rd taillight bezels, chrome door handle covers, 14" billet antenna, , window tint

Exhaust: Flowmaster American Thunder Axle Back (Stay single or go true duals? I want to keep the non-performance look with sleeper power), electric cut-outs (IMO, perfect for a V6 sleeper)

Drivetrain: Hurst shifter, Hurst line locks, upgrade to GT take-off 8.8" rear, gears (4.10 or 3.73? I want to still have the car streetable)

Handling: open to suggestions (not too much of the low rider look)

Engine: UDP, NGK Iridium IX Spark plugs, Steeda fuel injectors (what size?), 93 octane tune

F/I: Zex Nitrous 75 hp shot, Zex racer's tuner kit, supercharger (most power with least amount of whine. Still want to keep it streetable and able to contend while street/drag racing)

Wheels/Tires: 17"x9" Antracite Wheels in front, 18"x10" DD Anthracite Wheels in back, BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 255/40ZR17 tires in front, BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 285/40ZR18 tires in back

Other: suggestions?

I want to keep a relatively stock look outside as far a the front and rear bumpers, hood, and side skirts, but have a high RWHP #.

Thanks for your input guys!
Old 01-08-2007, 10:49 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: new plan of attack on corvette and others

My dad had a 1990 ZR-1 corvette. They are no joke If your going to spraying a 75 shot and supercharging youll need a built block. Im pretty sur ethose things weighed around 3100-3200 lbs so youll prolly need more than 300hp to beat them.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:02 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

05's run mid 12's stock. So my setup will edge one out. Add some heads and cams and you are there. Don't forget suspension and tires.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Like I said in the other section ditch the exterior mods except a few: Mirror Covers, Tint and Chin spoiler, and do everything else you had planned and you might want to even keep the stock rims and just put new tires on em and keep a single axle backand youll defintely get that sleeper but yet nice look your going for. Btw Imo If you are going to continue with the rest of the exterior mods you should probably take out some of that chrome stuff you have especially the chrome door handles. To much chrome will look cheasy.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Oh yeah, I think a good set of gears for you are 3.55's or 3.73's it gives that extra punch but not enought to kill the everyday drive. I saw you were interested in the Gt rear end someone sells the Gt rear end with the 3.55's already in em. If I had the money thats what I would get.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:14 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Keep in mind C5's stock run mid 13's. What model are we talking here?
Old 01-08-2007, 11:28 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

I'll drop the NO2 if that's what everyone agrees is best for the car. I'm just trying to think what I would need to beat my friend.

What I have told my friend is that if I can't speed up my car I'll just make it into a show car, which is what he believes am I currently working on. That's why I have the different exterior mods listed.

My friend has a stock 1993 Corvette coupe which he says has 300 hp. He never states whether that at the flywheel or what he is putting down though.

Trust me when I say this is going to over several years. I am only a senior in high school starting my midterms. I won't have the money for everything for a loooooooooooooooong time.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:38 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

300 flywheel is no problem for us. X, PC, VT or PH Turbo. 300rwhp....well thats PC, VT and PH and for the X with a manual and hipo kit. It's an LS1 if its a 93, meaning 350 at the flywheel, probably 300rwhp. It's doable. Need more than the juice though.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:41 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

I'm planning on doing some similar things over the next 2-6 months. This month I'm putting in the T-Lok and 3.73s. Next month is the PH driveshaft and LCAs. Then, if all the financials are in place, the good old PH turbo will be going in. Realistically, the turbo may have to wait til the summer or fall, but in a perfect world, it will be going in by March. After those are all accomplished, I'm going to work on a FEW appearance mods...GT side skirts, decklid blackout, and chrome tail-light bezels. I may invest in a short shifter somewhere down the line, but after that, I think my mod bug should be put to rest. That and I only have 18 months before I go active with the Navy for quite a while (medschool payback til about 2011 at the earliest, more likely 2023), so there will be very little time to mod or even enjoy the ride. Time to stuff it all in now while I can enjoy it!

I say, even if you are a high school senior, if you're serious about putting all this money into your car, get yourself a kick-*** job over the summer, put all that money into a "big boy toy fund," if college is in your future, try to do some on-campus jobs (good way to meet girls too), and on weekends off or on breaks from school, do some work on the car. I know it's easier said than done, but if you're serious, I'm sure you can make it happen!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:50 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Trust me when I say my past 8 summers have been for my big boy toy fund. That's what bought my car with $5000 help from my parents. They don't want me to work during college because they would be worried about my grades, plus I've had a girlfriend since October of freshmen year (2003).

Quick Reply: new plan of attack on corvette and others