Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pypes Or Dynomax Dual Exhaust Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 02:02 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Pypes Or Dynomax Dual Exhaust Kit?

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

Excellent choice. Go for it. Good luck!
DOH! I take that back! Dynomax exhaust systems are Aluminized...not Stainless. Sorry I forgot one main reason I didn't want that system. Pypes is stainless all the way through to the muffler tip!
I'd wait if I were you but it's your money pal.
Personally I wouldn'tinsult the integrity ofmy pony with an aluminim exhaust system even if it was free!But that's just me. ;-)
Enjoy your new exhaust system.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:34 AM
Ccass
Former Sponsor

I just wanted to clear up a couple of points on the Pypes products mentioned above. If you have a V6, the true-dual system comes with Street Pro Mufflers, not Violator mufflers. We didn't like the sound of the Violators on a V6 as much as the Street Pro's. It is possible that RPM substituted Violator mufflers. The proper part number to order is SFM68. Unfortunately production has lagged behind orders and all Pypes dealers are out of stock for about another 3 weeks or so. No disrespect to Dynomax. Walker is a good company. However, Pypes being the new kid on the block has a ridiculously low price point forbeing stainless. Gotta do something to get your attention. Maybe when we're rich and famous, we'll increase our prices too.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:44 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

*message stricken*
read below.............
Old 02-20-2007, 03:25 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Violators came with my Pypes system. Didn't like them.Too loud and droned worse than cows in heat!
Then I tried the Street Pro's and they were too loud and they also droned my earsto pieces!
Now I have a pair of each sitting in my garage collecting dust.
I might sell them or maybe I'll use them as wall ornaments..........
My new FLOWMASTERSaremuch muchbetter and there's no drone whatsoever!However, they only have stainless tips. Nice 4"rolled edge tips mind you.The body of the mufflers are painted black and are not stainless. But they will last a very long time none the less.

I just received a PM telling me that one guy'ssingle axle back magnaflow drones at 2200 RPM's. I don't know if he has a stick or automatic.

However to be fair, the jury is still out on the dual magnaflows even though their system seems toonly comeAluminized...please correct me if I'm wrong on that point.

Andalso to be fair, the Pypesstainless exhaust system is rock solid and very nicely priced. I'm very pleased with it.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:50 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Hey Justin_r...have a look at this thread..
Might help you out on the decision making.........
Good luck!
https://mustangforums.com/m_2747591/...tm.htm#2751388[/align]
Old 02-20-2007, 10:56 AM
sixbanger06
1st Gear Member

I checked.. for some reason rpmoutlet gives the violator mufflers with the package.... and V6Mustangstuff.com gives the street pro's. Out of the two of these.... which ones are better? Any opinions?
Old 02-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

WOW! I cant believe you guys brang this old thread back up, LOL! I went with the JBA H- Pipe Kit and cant be happier.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:03 PM
sixbanger06
1st Gear Member

Per the people at Pypes- the Street Pro is a 3 chamber muffler, the Violator is a straight thru tube desgin
The Street pro is fairly quiet at idle and then gets louder as you get on it, The Violator is just loud

Looks like I will go with the Street Pro's

Old 02-20-2007, 02:43 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

The street pro's drone! So do the violators. I have both sets. Using them as wall ornaments now ;-[
Flowmasters are great, sound great and no drone.
There are some others out there that are droneless too though. I don't know anything about them from personal experience though so it's your call.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:10 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

wolfey how long did you keep the pypes mufflers on, I am considering that system when they become available, the magnaflows I have on currently were drone kings until they "broke in" which took a few months, I like my system but am looking to upgrade to a full bolt in system.

Quick Reply: Pypes Or Dynomax Dual Exhaust Kit?