Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

oh wow...

Old 01-11-2007, 05:47 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default oh wow...

so i have complained before about this kinda chug chug chug sound coming from what i thought was my exhaust in 3rd and 4th gear under like 2300 rpm's many times...well i was just thinking about something...some people have complained that after installing the mrt, they needed to rotate the mid-pipe because it was knocking against the axle. i did this during install just to make sure i didnt have to go under there, but i was just thinking....maybe i rotated it the wrong direction and it is hitting the axle even under normal driving LOL! what made me realize this was this morning when it was really cold out and my car had been in the driveway (usually in garage over night) i heard the same sound and the car was in neutral....maybe it was kinda making the exhaust move a bit because of the cold weather? does anyone else get this noise at all cause i dont want to waste my time if you do, but the fact that it happened in neutral made me think it is either something in the tranny (clutch or something) or the exhaust thing.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: oh wow...

I dont think it would be the mid pipe, that would make more of a rattling or clanging sound

I think we just have to accept that our manual trannies are notchy and just not 100% Quality
Old 01-11-2007, 06:11 PM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

Imagine a dumptrack chugging down the highway...... that is what my tranny sounds like. No clanks.....

On the other hand although noisy and flexible enough to vibrate to a hundred different tunes it does its job..... just noisily. I hope the PH driveshaft quiets things a bit...I do think our DS vibrates enough to make noises....
Old 01-11-2007, 07:16 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

your exhaust would be toight like a toiger, especially in the cold weather..

its hard to daig symptoms over the net, unless they are right in your face..

its like my friend the other day calls me up and says his car is makinga weird noise while driving.. he then continued to hold the phone out his window hoping i would hear the weird noise LOL.. all i could hear was wind
Old 01-11-2007, 07:32 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

the reason i am thinking it isnt my tranny is because it made the noise in neutral...that kinda worries me, but then i thought about the axle banging thing and thought that is possibly what it is. I wouldn't worry so much if the noises my car makes didn't change all the ****ing time. it's so annoying that if there was a major problem developing i wouldn't know the damn difference because my dealership is totally incompetent and my car makes so many different noises all the time i can't tell what is normal!
Old 01-12-2007, 05:17 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

if it is a rattle in nuetral im told....its a bearing that needs to be greased, i have a small rattle it wont hurt the car but this is a quick diag from my guy at my dealer and i would have to bring in the car to be sure....right now looking for a job and no time......hoping to get it in in the next three weeks....he said he had seen it b4 but bring it in to be sure ....etc etc