Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pictures Tokico eibach drop review

Old 01-13-2007, 04:16 PM
ortcele
1st Gear Member

Default Pictures Tokico eibach drop review

Ok so I went this morning and had the prokit springs and tokico dspecs installed when I got home30 miles later I measured the ride height. Front right 27 ¾ back right 27 ¾ front left 27 2/4 back left 27 1/4 . There is a whole half inch difference in the back left to right. The back right side is half an inch higher then the back left what should I do.

Update

I am not really sure what the stock ride height was. Wish I would have measured it before the drop. I really like the way the car drives. It’s like driving a completely different car. When I first drove it was two turns out from full stiff. Great improvement over stock better than I could have ever imagined. It was a bit harsh I now have it a three turns from full stiff. Three turns is the best all around setting I experience no undesirable body roll under hard turning. I can take turns at speeds more than double than what I would have been able to before. When I turn hard it just does it. Under breaking there is no longer that sinking feeling up front. It always feels like the weight is being evenly distributed. I would defiantly recommend this setup just measure you ride height before and after. If you are thinking about getting only the springs get the shocks to because with out stiffer shocks you probably experience to much rebound after absorbing any bump or inconstancy in the road. If anyone knows if the stock sang ride height varies from corner to corner please let me know.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:27 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Uneven drop! Please help

I would imagine it being a problem with the springs, you might wanna call the maker of prokit (dont know who). With a wild guess I would say that one of the springs that you got in your set was for a GT
Old 01-13-2007, 04:33 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Uneven drop! Please help

take it back to the installer and get your money back
Old 01-13-2007, 04:51 PM
ortcele
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Uneven drop! Please help Updated

The prokit is made by eibach the box had the right model number but the springs them selfs did not have the model number. The thing is I am 19 and I showed my dad my measurement he was a mechanic for 4 years as his first job like 40 yrs ago but he knows about this stuff. Anyways I worked extra hours last 2 months to save up and buy this so this sucks but my dad told me that the people at the shop will laugh at me if I go there complaining about a half inch. He says that their job is to just install the parts and that they will just laugh about a half inch. I did not measure the ride height before I only measured after. I measured from a level surface to the fender and double checked does any one know if it is normal for one side of the back to be ½ inch higher than the other I got ¾ tank of gas if that matters.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:49 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Give it about a week or so and the new springs will settle and your ride height should even out, if it doesn't bring it back to the shop and show them, they should make it right. I've got the Pro kit on the stock shocks and am not happy with the ride quality. The handling is great but the ride is very stiff and beats the crap out of me on a longride. Do the Tokico's provide a good ride? And did you do the struts also?
Old 01-13-2007, 09:30 PM
ortcele
1st Gear Member

Yes I did the struts. The tokico dspec shocks and struts do provide good ride quality. Also based upon the 15,000 miles I had on the stock suspension I would say without the firm struts and shocks only using new spring might make the car feel bouncy as in having rebound after bumps. Now from 2 turns to 3 turns was a GOOD difference. Beaustang honestly I can’t promise you that at any setting they would make your long trips comfortable but that’s what they are advertised to do if you set them to 7 turns.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

glad to hear. Between my two stangs...that is my bone to pick, the ride quality. If the v6 rode better than the GT....ooooo man
Old 01-14-2007, 12:43 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

was your car on a level surface??

sometimes the ground may LOOK level but it isnt..

its not somethign i would worry about.. im actually laughing that your complaining that much,,, i know its your car and you want it perfect but a 1/2 inch isnt something to complain about..

i got the prokit also, and my ride is very stiff on the stock shocks.. i got no rebound... stiffer shocks would make things worst IMO..

beaustang did you find out if your rear end was sitting on the bump stops...

the bump stops have an inch of travel in themselves.. like a small dinky hydrolic plunger..
Old 01-14-2007, 01:41 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

No, I haven't gotten a chance to get it on a lift yet and it's too low to stick my head under!
ORIGINAL: blackfoot

was your car on a level surface??

sometimes the ground may LOOK level but it isnt..

its not somethign i would worry about.. im actually laughing that your complaining that much,,, i know its your car and you want it perfect but a 1/2 inch isnt something to complain about..

i got the prokit also, and my ride is very stiff on the stock shocks.. i got no rebound... stiffer shocks would make things worst IMO..

beaustang did you find out if your rear end was sitting on the bump stops...

the bump stops have an inch of travel in themselves.. like a small dinky hydrolic plunger..
Old 01-14-2007, 01:57 AM
VWILLO
2nd Gear Member

I have the Pro kit on my GT and have about 1/4 when installed. give it a few weeks of good driving so every thing settles in the measure from the center of the wheel to fender well. It will be better.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pictures Tokico eibach drop review