Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Are other cars faster?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Default Are other cars faster?

Ok... Not to complain... I am extremely happy with my 4.0. I love driving a V6 mustang, for gas value, shock value and monthly payment value! However, I am very distraught whenever I watch TV, all I see is cars with smaller engines and more HP?!?!? A nissan car, altima I believe, has 260? HP out of a 3.6 liter V6. I dont think it is forced induction, doesn't seem like a turbo'ed car to me... There was another one that topped us as well. Maybe I am looking at the top of the line models of said cars, and we are base model of our car. I don't know. Just an observation...
Old 01-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default RE: Are other cars faster?

The SE-R has a 3.5 V6 that puts 260 crank. Don't they cost more than GT's?
Old 01-14-2007, 10:22 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

no its not turbo, its a 3.5 liter, not a 3.6 and yes it makes a lot of power.

remember, an altima 3.5s costs 7-8k more than our cars.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Maybe it does cost a little more... Honestly I haven't looked. So I am comparing apples to oranges? Base model mustang vs top-of-the-line (fill in car here)? Stupid advertisements! Makes me feel small with my little 210 HP 4.0![]
Old 01-14-2007, 10:29 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

yes, as well as an engine running high compression to o ne running lower compression.

i believe the SER starts around 26-28k, thats more than a gt, and nowhere near as fast.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:30 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

also, why is everyone hung up on HP? its torque that wins races

and i believe we are quite close in the torque department
Old 01-14-2007, 10:33 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Feng Houzi

Maybe it does cost a little more... Honestly I haven't looked. So I am comparing apples to oranges? Base model mustang vs top-of-the-line (fill in car here)? Stupid advertisements! Makes me feel small with my little 210 HP 4.0![]
Hello Feng Houzi,
To answer your question, it is called group buy...........X-Charger!!! You could ofhad Grandma's 3.5 Altima, but you went for the beautiful re-styled MUSTANG.................now it is time to step UP to an X-Charger and send Grandma some candy..........this is the the way to take care of Grandma!!! Nothing personal Granny, but it's about that time.....

Cheers!!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:35 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

If you could figure out a way to spend 7 - 8K on your car in monthly payments then you would blow those nissan's doors off FI that's all I have to say
Old 01-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

I agree. Torque is what matters. Take it from a 4 wheeler! All these litttle V6's nowadays are pushing out quite the power!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Hello Feng Houzi,
To answer your question, it is called group buy...........X-Charger!!! You could ofhad Grandma's 3.5 Altima, but you went for the beautiful re-styled MUSTANG.................now it is time to step UP to an X-Charger and send Grandma some candy..........this is the the way to take care of Grandma!!! Nothing personal Granny, but it's about that time.....

Cheers!!
I agree! Not right now though. I have a waranty and I would have bought a GT if I needed that much power. I liked the Pony Package more... Anyways just tryign to see if anyone else out there see's what i do...

Quick Reply: Are other cars faster?