Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Thank you Brenspeed!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:53 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default Thank you Brenspeed!!

My car:
2005 mustang V6 5-speed manual
MMR intake with TBS
MRT axle back
GT takeoff wheels

Ok, so my experience with Brenspeed and the tunes.

To start off, ordering the tuner was very easy. After buying it on their web site it only took a few e-mails to discuss my cars options and they shipped it within a day or two.

The first tuner I got did not work. I called them up and they were very helpful to me over the phone and determined that I had a bad tuner. No problem. I sent it back and got a new one in less then a week.

Today I put the new tuner in and everything worked perfectly. I loaded the 87 tune just to get to the gas station to fill my empty tank with 93. The 87 tune blew my pants off as I spun the tires in first and second because of the new crazy throttle responce. It was over all a night and day difference. I got to the gas station and loaded the 93 tune while my car was filling up. After taking this thing for a short ride I was very impressed with what the 4.0 can do. The car ran smoother, faster, stronger, and even sounded better. Unfortunatly, it is raining still and the grounds are wet so I really had to be careful, and couldn't get on it as much as I would have liked to. I would rather be careful and wait another day. When I get finished with more testing I will give an update.

The only thing that still bothers me is that the rpms still hang a bit. They are fine now when shifitng and fine if a throw it in neutral, but if lets say I am cruising in 3rd gear at about 2500rpm and let off the throttle, the rpms just slowly and I mean slowly drop and it feels like im still on the gas. I know you can't tune out all the drive by wire functions. How does eveyone elses feel with a tune?

Tuning is one hell of an upgrade may I tell you. For those who are stillthinking about it, stop thinking and do it. You won't regret it.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Ronaele05
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Thank you Brenspeed!!

Awesome to hear. I just ordered the tuner kit from them and was wondering how the tunes were. Thanx for the info nick. I will also let you know how it feels for the Automatic. Hopefully same kind of response and re-actions.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:22 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

I love my Brenspeed tunes. You are absolutely right, it's like night and day once you have the tuner. I use the 93 tune exclusively. It's a great tune. I feel that the car is a little more torquey on the 87 tune, but the car has the most power and drives best with the 93 tune. Have fun, it was well worth the investment!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 04:31 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

I really need to get one. My car just threwa code today due to my cats. I was surprised it didn't throw it as soon as i had them taken off, it took about 2-3weeks. Need that tuner bad!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:28 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

I just took her for about a 25 mile run on the NJ park way. I come out of toll booths like a bat out of hell now. The power I had in 3rd is also felt in 4th now when driving. There is almost no need for me to down shift to 3rd unless im going 40 or below. It makes passing soo much easier. The only thing im a little worried about is that I hit 80mph beforeI even know it now...its crazy...wooo!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:40 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

The only thing that still bothers me is that the rpms still hang a bit. They are fine now when shifitng and fine if a throw it in neutral, but if lets say I am cruising in 3rd gear at about 2500rpm and let off the throttle, the rpms just slowly and I mean slowly drop and it feels like im still on the gas. I know you can't tune out all the drive by wire functions. How does eveyone elses feel with a tune?

This is caused by the computer. Supposedly it helps emissions.You cant tune it out. Ive heard performance computers make it go away but i have never seen one in person or heard of one on a 4.0 before
Old 01-15-2007, 10:13 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Thats what I thought. I can deal with it.

ORIGINAL: petepete

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

This is caused by the computer. Supposedly it helps emissions.You cant tune it out. Ive heard performance computers make it go away but i have never seen one in person or heard of one on a 4.0 before
Old 01-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Ronaele05
1st Gear Member

Brenspeed was by far the best customer care company i've ever dealt with.. And thats with any genre. They answered all my questions within 1 day of e-mail and sometime multiple in 1 day. Never sounded annoyed in the e-mails. I ordered the tune on Sunday morning at 1:02am(insomniac-lol) I will have my tuner by monday they said. 1 week and 1 day for the order to process and ship. Also they had to program it for my current mods and also 1 of my future mods. AWESOME COMPANY!!!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:10 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

lol dude, the hanging when you are crusing and let off the throttle is because you are still in gear. just like when your engine is turning and you engage the clutch you start moving, if your wheels are spinning and you are not giving it any gas, your engine will still turn at the rpm's they would be at that speed were you giving it gas. this is why when you downshift, your rpm's jump....even tho you arent on the throttle, when you engage the clutch in a lower gear it spins the crank. disengage the clutch and they will drop, but what you are experiencing is totally normal.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:58 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

haha yeah man you are right. I just forgot what it was like to drive a normal 5-speed. After driving around some more I knewI was just being too critical. ThenI drove my dads jeep and it was about the same. Acually the only thing im worried about now is thatI have to learn how to drive my car again with its new characteristics. I have to shift a lot faster and let the clutch out quicker to keep up with what she wants to do at WOT. Ill get there...thanks for the info

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

lol dude, the hanging when you are crusing and let off the throttle is because you are still in gear. just like when your engine is turning and you engage the clutch you start moving, if your wheels are spinning and you are not giving it any gas, your engine will still turn at the rpm's they would be at that speed were you giving it gas. this is why when you downshift, your rpm's jump....even tho you arent on the throttle, when you engage the clutch in a lower gear it spins the crank. disengage the clutch and they will drop, but what you are experiencing is totally normal.

Quick Reply: Thank you Brenspeed!!