Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

alarm system and auto start

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

Default alarm system and auto start

should i get the ford security system installed or... a viper alarm w/ auto start?

I have manual, is it illegal to get autostart installed on a car equipped w/ manual transmission ? If i did get it done, all i would have to do is make sure the car wasnt in gear, correct? I hate waking up when its freezing out and having to go out there before i start my shower and stuff ...

I just need to get my freezing ebrake fixed then i can think about the alarm but yea...
Old 01-16-2007, 02:20 AM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: alarm system and auto start

Yes there isa way to doit with the manual, but you have to bypass some stuff. Its not recomended thought with a manual.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:24 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

its illegal here in ca to have auto start on a manual some how if you leave it in first and turn it on it will go forward. Not to sure on that though thats what my buddy told me as he has it on his eclipse. But i do know its illegal in ca
Old 01-16-2007, 08:19 AM
zid3
2nd Gear Member

i would get the viper, dont do the remote start, u gotta find a shop that would do the clutch bypass, and if u forget t n gear it will jump a good cpl of feet. same thing as stalling out
Old 01-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

would the viper still make the lights go on when i unlock the doors and i wouldnt need to use the ford remote anymore im assuming, correct?
Old 01-16-2007, 09:56 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

I have the Viper with the pager, and yea it will make the lights blink and what not, that is if the guy isnt a moron and knows how to install it. you wont need the ford remote but it will still work to lock/unlock the doors. if the alarm is armed and u accidentally hit unlock on the for remote you will trigger the alarm but when it isnt armed you wont trigger it. I use the ford remote for when I am warming up my car because I didnt get the autostart. and correct me if I am wrong but our car doesnt have a trunk release inside does it? if it does tell me where it is because I have looked everywhere, so I use the remote to pop the trunk. hope i helped.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

lol... thats right. ford wasnt very smart about that... the trunk release thing that is, lol

cant u get them to add trunk release w/ the viper? I have a viper on my 86 svo and the second button on the transmitter opens the hatch.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:17 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

yeah get viper
i had it in my truck and it worked great..
Old 01-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

LOL! I was just about to say that, thats the same alarm I want to get, it can do anything basically you just have to get the little transmitter or whatever its called for that application.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:20 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

yea i am pretty sure they can do it. but def get the viper. but dont lose that ford remote. u never know man. especially if the battery in the viper remote dies you can still lock ur car with the ford one.

Quick Reply: alarm system and auto start