Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Vortech Supercharger!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 11:44 PM
bztz4m
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Vortech Supercharger!

I can tell that the Vortech tune is really on the safe side. I had the car dyno'ed with the Vortech tune the numbers were 275 RWHP and the A/F was like 10.0 to about 10.3 is it is really running rich.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:04 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

I've been stressed lately. My sister got into a bad accident yeterday and had to be airvaced out. Shes all good but her boyfriend gotglass in his eye. The doc's waited to long to do the surgery and he lostcolor inhis eye. I believe he still can see though so thats good.It jsut messes with me though personally. I wish I made better money to where I could buy it straight with cash. Credit sucks and thats just that. I wanna have a little fun too though, just a little. Im trying toplay with the big boys, I'll never keep up thoughlol.I did pay allcash for everything except the blower. Im in a point in my life right now were im real confused with what Im doing with myself. I can't see my future to clear right now. I make shiit money, still live with my mom & sister,and I can't figure out what to do for school. Thats why im cleaning my self out.

Sometimes I just want to get a little Civic or on older mustang just putt around town in so nothing seriousdoes happen too soon for me. Got me parinoid now! lol But im a man of reality and whay u said is reality. If you can't atleast afford another motor or affordto get it fixedare not prepared for it then you really shouldn't go that route. Its like im on pins and needles.

Thanks though man, Its good to know I got your support if something bad happens to my car. I didn't mean to come off that way. Sorry man
Old 01-24-2007, 12:19 AM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

Should be able to hit high 12s easily, especially with 4.10s
Old 01-24-2007, 12:48 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

I've been stressed lately. My sister got into a bad accident yeterday and had to be airvaced out. Shes all good but her boyfriend gotglass in his eye. The doc's waited to long to do the surgery and he lostcolor inhis eye. I believe he still can see though so thats good.It jsut messes with me though personally. I wish I made better money to where I could buy it straight with cash. Credit sucks and thats just that. I wanna have a little fun too though, just a little. Im trying toplay with the big boys, I'll never keep up thoughlol.I did pay allcash for everything except the blower. Im in a point in my life right now were im real confused with what Im doing with myself. I can't see my future to clear right now. I make shiit money, still live with my mom & sister,and I can't figure out what to do for school. Thats why im cleaning my self out.

Sometimes I just want to get a little Civic or on older mustang just putt around town in so nothing seriousdoes happen too soon for me. Got me parinoid now! lol But im a man of reality and whay u said is reality. If you can't atleast afford another motor or affordto get it fixedare not prepared for it then you really shouldn't go that route. Its like im on pins and needles.

Thanks though man, Its good to know I got your support if something bad happens to my car. I didn't mean to come off that way. Sorry man
dude, you have bigger things to worry about. You should get your *** into some kind of school and out of your parents house...Oh, and their will always be a faster car than you...i.e. Scrming & Rygen
Old 01-24-2007, 12:57 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

i learned that the hard way. lost to a 62 nova in my trans am (and my trans am ran 8s)
Old 01-24-2007, 04:15 AM
illegal1984
1st Gear Member

aye whoa whoa man...don't dis him...he's prolly got the best V6 on this board...and maybe you measure your life in different terms but around where I am, some peoples cars are there lives...so you know...I hear you saying that my man should address other issues in his life...but if he's gotten this far he'll be just fine...I'll tell you what he can stay up in his mom's place and he can stay pushing his GT killer V6...cuz if thats what makes him happy then thats what its about...people tend to measure there lives on other people's ideas of success and shyt...success is an existence that you enjoy and where the people around you have love for you...As for other material possessions money, houses, tvs, whatever...they are no where near as intertwined with a man's soul as his car...
Old 01-24-2007, 11:58 AM
996r916sps
1st Gear Member

Some facts:

When Paul's High performance ran the 11.60 with 14psi and race gas, Powerhouse was running 14psi with race gas also. Talk with both parties,some people think they arejustusing the 10/11psi kits they sell off the shelf. The Paul's High performance car has many miles on the track and more on the dyno. The reason everyone brings their car in a trailer, is so they can set the car up at the shop and just race when they get there. The other thing, if you break something you still have a way home.

I like the different ideas brought forward in the forum. I have researched all my forced induction options, and at the end of the day my money goes with Vortech. Just my choice.

One other thing to mention about the PHP and P411 cars above: The turbo car is faster, but is not consistant. I think they have a best lower than 11.60! The difference is when PHP's car shows up, it is ready to run and Paul is a really good driver.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the track this summer, and swapping stories and information. Maybe even a friendly drag race.

Good luck to all!
Old 01-24-2007, 03:04 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Pauls car is on juice, and they are spraying on thier runs and its not in full street trim. Its in race trim, i.e. its got some serious weight reduction. The PH car was very consistant until they started having clutch issues. Its also in full street trim. Both cars are ready to run when they show up, not sure what you mean by that. And Paul is a great driver, thats for sure.

Consistancy at the track for manual cars has to do with the drivers. In this scenario, it does not have to do with centri SC vs. TC.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:41 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

just like rygen said

the PH411 is actually very consistent, and runs 11s even on a hot day
the PHP car dipped into the 12s when it became hot

the PHP car is stripped, the PH411 car is not.

anyway, thats not the point. Congrats on your vortech, it will be one hell of a ride
Old 01-25-2007, 04:05 PM
996r916sps
1st Gear Member

I believe you guys. I must have misunderstood the people at Powerhouse and Paul's when I spoke with them.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Vortech Supercharger!