MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   Engine upgrade poll (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/233305-engine-upgrade-poll.html)

Ronaele05 01-19-2007 12:59 AM

Engine upgrade poll

Im leaning towards upgraded internals but i'll ask for the forums concensus
If i come into enough money when i start my career the upgraded internals will only benefit the F/I better. I want my car to be boosted, but just not sure if i should do which firts

LX200 01-19-2007 01:04 AM

RE: Engine upgrade poll

I think it's widely accepted that you can XCharge a stock engine. It's only 7-10 PSI of boost, and around 300 HP max, so this is not a wild increase. Are you going to go drag racing every weekend? Look at Rygen... he has a turbo on stock internals, is putting down insane power, and has not had a problem.

Ronaele05 01-19-2007 01:06 AM

no. not racing every weekend, not questioning the ability of the engine either, just feel like i might wanna make lighter internals, maybe a little over the top, but this is also assuming im getting about 15k real soon. lol its not gonna happen within atleast a year so im just kinda lookng at the options

fitbikeco 01-19-2007 01:23 AM

get the powerhouse turbo
very streetable, very raceable
once that is in if you need or want internals do them
and when you go in to do your 30000 checkup dont let them put fuel pump and injector cleaner in there
rygen blew a head like that because it dropped the octane of the gas
the turbo is good i think you will be very happy to start

8cd03gro 01-19-2007 01:45 AM

truthfully it depends what you want man. do you want this insane monster of a car that can run with stock terminators like rygens car, or do you want something that can run with/outrun stock gt's? obviously you are gonna say, COBRA KILLER! (thatd be the turbo and other mods) but you have to think logically about the pros and cons. turbo wins it in power always, but reliability wise, the x just can't be beat, it is a totally sealed unit, so you dont even have to touch it for 100,000 miles after install. it will give you a great deal more power, and doesn't need huge peak numbers to feel real fast. if you are only going to be driving on the street, the x may be the better choice. save some cash and be happy.... or you may want the fastest you can get which would mean you wanna go turbo for sure...it's really up to you. the two systems are extremely different, and you will definately be happy with either one. if cash is no problem and you want major power the turbo is the way to go. If you wanna save some cash and blah blah blah get the x.

the main thing i noticed about this is that you want to go upgraded internals later on....at that point, you are gonna want more power im assuming as you will be able to handle ALOT more power with some forged pistons alone and with some rods to go with them, you will be safe at some huge numbers...at that point the x will become a money pit as you would have to get an intercooler setup designed and fabbed, which would cost some major cash. if you definately plan on going forged down the road, go turbo, it has alot more potential.