Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharge Sixer vs Mustang Gt

Old 01-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Backlash
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharge Sixer vs Mustang Gt

buy a new gt a mod it and be able to take down corvettes
those are my plans for the next year
Old 01-21-2007, 04:16 PM
tyzorg
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Backlash

buy a new gt a mod it and be able to take down corvettes
those are my plans for the next year
thats what im kicking my *** for getting my new v6 for. after i randomly looked up gt supercharged kits and saw that they were makeing 400hp to the WHEELS! more than a c6 corvette mind you (they make 400 at the crank. about 360-380hp to the wheels) man i wish i went for the gt and s/ced it. my dad would be pissed when i beat his c6. but oh well.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

buy a rolling frame 05 and drop a 302 motor in it for $4 grand...supporting mods would make it as much as a GT or a tad more but you'd have a 345hp n/a car

EDIT-that's what im doin after college...spendin my first year at home to save up to do this, make my car nice, then move out
Old 01-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Backlash
2nd Gear Member

i love me some kenne bell kits
Old 01-21-2007, 08:59 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

Dang man you went through three exhaust's? Me to, LOL! Some crappy turbo mufflers, MRT Mufflers and next up will hopefully be Dual JBA's.
JBA's are real nice man. You will get no drone literally with a classy/presentable sound
Old 01-21-2007, 09:08 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I love how people go off topic and forget a lot of various things.

One I doubt anybody wants to buy a roller for there daily driver and drop a 302 in it, another thing is you are telling the price of the supercharger and supporting mods but of course forget about install costs and reliability. JMO go with the GT, i'm already 350+ to the wheels NA so that shows what they are capable of. If you are going to mod the sixer anyway just go with the GT and not regret it later on. Again JMO and realize there are a lot of 6's that just want you to buy what they have.

-Jeff
Old 01-21-2007, 09:25 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Get the car you want, do what you want to the car you get. That simple.

I would however, like to see a 350RWHP SAE dyno for your NA GT. I've talked with guys over on TMS with GT's beating thier heads trying to hit those numbers without some compcams or head work. I think Spyder has done it, hes NA GT is insane, but he put a ton of cash into it to get there. And I think he is only at 330rwhp, not 100% sure on where he is exactly.

This is big time if you are getting 350rwhp na.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Sorry for being off topic, But yeah I hope they sound decent.

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

Dang man you went through three exhaust's? Me to, LOL! Some crappy turbo mufflers, MRT Mufflers and next up will hopefully be Dual JBA's.
JBA's are real nice man. You will get no drone literally with a classy/presentable sound
Old 01-21-2007, 09:42 PM
pallidamors
Banned

I just dunno what car really. I love the 06 GTO, it goes like a raped ape, but its 33k. I am leaning towards an 04 for 20k or so and doing heads/cams and hopefully have the power Im looking for.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:26 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pallidamors

I just dunno what car really. I love the 06 GTO, it goes like a raped ape, but its 33k. I am leaning towards an 04 for 20k or so and doing heads/cams and hopefully have the power Im looking for.
how about this. buy a 06-07 stang with a blown (as in broken, not s/c) motor for like $5-10k. buy a working 07 GTO motor out of a wrecked GTO for about $7k. install it for $4k. now you have a $16-21k mustang with the GTO engine...talk about going like a raped ape!!

seriously, don't buy the v6. you will only regret it later on....whether you mod it or keep it stock.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Supercharge Sixer vs Mustang Gt