Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust Clips

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 02:33 AM
ricekiller06
2nd Gear Member

Default Exhaust Clips

does any one have a Pypes True Dual exhaust clip or know where i can find one?
Old 01-21-2007, 03:10 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust Clips

no, but I want to find one.

How do you like the K&N. did your gas mileage get any better after you installed it. Without a tune, does it still run good?
Old 01-21-2007, 03:17 AM
ricekiller06
2nd Gear Member

i didnt really feel a difference but with a tuner i believe it will drop it to the 14's. but i dont think the gas changed much maybe 1.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:36 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Havent' found any sound clips of my particular combination of goodies,,but.........
I recently installed Pypes true dual cat backs with street pro mufflers. Not as loud as the Violators but they are still too loud for me. Drone at highway speeds under load/part throttle is unbearable!
I believe the trunk area is amplifying the drone as when the back seats are down, it's rediculous. With them up it's bearable but still agrivating. Yes I am too old for that racket or too grown up is more accurate ;-p.
I noticed improvement in low end torque and of course WOT operation. There is a bit more power there with duals on a 4.0 no doubt. You can feel it. That is unless you arenumb ;-). Improved MPG for sure. Not tremendous but it's an improvement none the less and quite naturally when you increase an engine's ability to breath, it will run more efficiently. That's a given.
I threw in the C and L CAI system as well a bit later on and I did notice quite an improvement in overall V.E. I'd guess that I have at least an additional 20 HP and maybe 30 more ft. lb. RW wise.
The tune I used is via the Diablo Predator's default C and L tune. I did make some additional tweaks such as killed the speed limiter, moved the idle rpm's up a hair and red line to 6500 RPM. I think I am going to tweak the rev limit back down a bit though as you can tell the engine stops pushing up at around 6250 RPM or so. No point in havingredline any higher.
I drove that sucker on the highway that evening and looked for someroad to open her up and even though there isn't enough room 'even at 2 in the morning' traffic wise. I pushed her up to 125 or so with ease!
Why they have a need for a 4.6 V8 is almost beyond me.The 4.0 ismore than enough muscle to get in trouble and of course you can blow away the older stock 5.0's with ease. Love the look left on their faces when I do that ;-)."You've got a 6 banger under the hood?" Hah!
Gave a GT a run for his money the other day too. Not until we were on a long piece of road did he have time to build up the momentum to pass me and of course leave me in the dust acceleration wise, as he should be able to, but top end wise, now I can stick with GT's for sure. I am pretty sure I can take mine up to 140 with no problems. Just takes afewsecondslonger to get there.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:24 PM
ricekiller06
2nd Gear Member

so did they sound good? does is make it sound more throaty or is the drone you are talking about just the way they sound?
Old 01-21-2007, 07:00 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

They sound good at idle and part throttle but on the highway at x speed, droning mothers!
Again, they are loud. Not as loud as the Violators but they are loud!
If you like loud, go for it.
The exhaust system minus the mufflers is perfect and just as good of not better than any other cat back x pipe system out there.
Good luck!
Old 01-21-2007, 07:17 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

buy a different set of mufflers and sell them as gt axlebacks on ebay b4 u put them on, so you can say there new.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:38 PM
ricekiller06
2nd Gear Member

ya thats what i was thinking about doing. selling the mufflers that it comes with and buying a flowmaster left side axel back to finish of exhaust. except i might not be doing this for a while cause i just got a ticket today for one pretty penny
Old 01-21-2007, 10:15 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

you cant interchange the gt and v6 axlebacks
the v6 one has a smaller tip, it would look funny
Old 01-22-2007, 12:24 AM
ricekiller06
2nd Gear Member

o so i guess i will sell my used one then buy a gt axel back

Quick Reply: Exhaust Clips