Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

tuner question...

Old 01-21-2007, 06:56 AM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

Default tuner question...

i just had a quick question....wuts the difference between the x-cal 2 and the sct tuner? also would it be good if i went with a tune from lets say alternative or bam-a or get a dyno tune with a c&l cai. wut would the differences be if anyone could help me out with thisbefore i throw down 600 bones on a c&l combo.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:05 PM
grbrorng07
1st Gear Member

Default RE: tuner question...

Sct makes the x-cal 2. So they are the same thing. The best is to get a dyno tune. A tune from anyone will never be as good as a custom from a speed shop with a dyno. When I got mine from brenspeed we got 16 more HP after dyno and tuning. I wasted the money buying a tune frombrenspeed. If i could go back i would have went to the local shop and bought it from them with the dyno tune. The CAI is well worth the money.

[IMG]local://upfiles/51868/7329E475408D4CE4B8828DCCF62DEE2C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-21-2007, 06:08 PM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

so you guys recommend me buying the cai with an sct tuner or the x-cal 2 and getting a custom dyno tune rather then getting a tune from lets say bam-a or alternative or brenspeed?
Old 01-21-2007, 06:28 PM
grbrorng07
1st Gear Member

I would get a custom tune. And again the SCT and the x-cal 2 are the same tuner. You keep refering to them as two differant things but they are not.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:43 PM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

sorry i just thought there were two different ones. ive seen one that just says sct strategy flash deviceon it and another that says x-calibrator 2 on it.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:33 PM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

Old 01-22-2007, 02:35 AM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

does anyone else have anyexpierence or input about this question?? should i get a custom dyno tune or get one from one of the places i mentioned?
Old 01-22-2007, 02:40 AM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

there are a lot of guys on here that have tunes from b*ma, brenspeed, evolution and alternative to name a few, and they have had no complaints. you've got to look at it like this: is there anyplace near where you live with a dyno that you can get a custom tune done with (let alone are the guys working at that shop competent enough to give you your money's worth)?

if the answer is no, then go to shop like brenspeed, alternative (lidio), evolution, etc.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:46 AM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

i know of two shops from where i live (san diego) where i could get a dyno done at. theres a shop called hardcore mustangs who i know is a good shop and theres also jba. do you think i would get more performance out of one from them or should i just go with one brenspeed etc etc...
Old 01-22-2007, 02:56 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

You can only really see whats going on with your car on a dyno. If you know the shop can make a good tune, id go there. I have brenspeed and its fine, but I will go to a dyno whenI get a chance. You can always buy a tuner with 3 tunes from a place like brenspeed, and then get a dyno later...you still need the tuner anyway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tuner question...