Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What should i watch for in 05+ stangs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 11:17 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Default What should i watch for in 05+ stangs?

Well, theres a good chance I'm selling my 2002 stang this spring. Ands theres a good possibility its being replaced with a S197. V6, of course(insurance would kill me[:@]). Im pushing for a manual vert, but more likley a coupe. I wont be getting ituntil late summer or even next year, but you never know when a deal will come up.I've read about the Ebrake problems, dash rattle, and window TSB's. and to look for dampness on the passenger side by the access panel thing. But what else should I look for problem wise?

oh, and those of you that came from SN95's and new edges- what are the best differences?
Old 01-21-2007, 11:20 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What should i watch for in 05+ stangs?

My v6 06 coupe hasn't had a single problem so far. I've been driving it about 5 months (since it was brand new) and the door-jam sticker said it was made in Feb 06. So, even with the TSB's and everything, it's not like there's a guarantee of any kind that you'll be having any problems with it. Those issues are just with some cars.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Ringo01
2nd Gear Member

Hey.... Even though I have a GT I still think I can help...

My last car was a 2003 V6 vert. And the first thing I noticed about the new one, is the seating position, although not really a problem... It took A LOT of getting used to. Also, the new ones are known to be more prone to tickets... you have been warned

Problems wise... I've had none! Except once you start modding you cant seem to stop...

Good luck!
Mike
Old 01-22-2007, 12:53 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

my undercarraige is starting to rattle, going to the dealer this week
Old 01-22-2007, 01:15 AM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ringo01

Also, the new ones are known to be more prone to tickets... you have been warned
+2, tickets that is. I got my first tickets ever last Thursday. 47 in a 25 and too many people in the car. I hate having a provisional license. My parents were ok about the whole thing. Ok compared to what I actually expected. I got court this Thursday because I walked to the cop. Luckily he is a graduate from where I go to school now and is going to combine the 2 tickets and make sure I don't get any points however he can mange that.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:20 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

05-early 06 driveshaft falls out at over 115. 05s fuel system problem and after fixing with the tsb it still came back. rattles. thats all i can think of. Nothing too bad just annoying sometimes
Old 01-22-2007, 02:06 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

My Mustang seems to like eggs..........[:@]..........I don't.....***holes....
Old 01-22-2007, 11:09 AM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

petepete: what exactly is the fuel system problem? and im not too worried about the driveshaft- i dont think ill be doing more then 115 anytime soon
Old 01-22-2007, 01:14 PM
MOstang6cyl

well im new to this forum, but if it is the same fuel problem i had/have your fuel gauge will drop to empty, your info center will say something about fuel level low dte(distance till empty) error.If you shutthe key off and then back on it would go out, butif you leave it on it will make the service engine light come on. My drivabilty was alright just drove me nuts. So I called one of our buddys that work at a ford dealership and he said to run a couple tanks of chevron techron additive with my fuel and it should clear up. well its been a couple weeks and no lights or nothing coming on. And the only other thing ive experienced was the driverside of the dashboard rattles a little every now and then, by the way this is only with 25k on the odometer.

[/align]
[blockquote]

[/align][/blockquote]
Old 01-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Somachine
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I had the issue ONCE with the fuel gauge dropping to E and my odometer telling me I had 28 miles to E instead of the 158 to E like it should have been. It appeared seconds after taking a turn at around 40-50 mph.

I figured that the inertia quickly pulled all the gas in the tank to the side, causing the fuel sender arm to drop, and gave me the improper reading. Around 5 seconds later, thefuel gauge went back to normal. The check engine light never came on. Not sure if this is related to the same problemsthat others have been having.

Quick Reply: What should i watch for in 05+ stangs?