Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang Fans

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 02:34 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

Default Mustang Fans

The Midwest International Auto Show is going on in my city through today. I went last night, and while in the Ford area, I saw that they had a red GT500 convertible, a GT/CS, a regular GT and a blue V6 with the Pony package. There were soooo many people taking pictures of all the Mustangs, standing by them, and sitting in them getting pictures taken. I could hear comments like, "wow, this is exactly what I want!"
"This car is soo awesome!" "This car is bad azz!" There were as many people taking pics of the GT500 as the V6! There were a couple other "older" guys that were pointing out all the retro influences on the cars.

I'm just posting this because I felt really proud to own one! I was thinking, wow, this car that they're all gawking over is what we get to drive everyday! As I passed by the front of the arena on my drive out, there were alot of pedestrians waiting to cross that had just left the show. Some of them, especially the teenagers, were pointing to my car, like hey, we just saw that!
Old 01-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Sniper308
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Fans

Yup, I know what you mean. I never, ever, EVER get tired of my Mustang. With previous cars, I'd just turn the lights off in the garage and go into the house. Now... I take a moment to look at my Mustang, THEN turn off the lights. When I walk into work, I often turn and take one more look at my car... and when I leave work, I always look for my car when I get into the parking lot... well, of COURSE I look for my car... but you know what I mean! I just LOVE my car! I never EVER take for granted that I'm lucky enough to be driving one, when so many others wish... and will probably never be able to do more than wish... they had one, too. I'm grateful for what I've got.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Sniper308
2nd Gear Member

And by the way... I have a white one like yours, too.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:49 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Thats how I met the newstang...At the NY Auto show in 2003. I saw the concept car on the big rotating platform and I fell in love..haha..I said, wow by 2006 ill be able to drive and can buy one that is one year old...and I did and couldn't be happier! By the way...in 2003 there was a line just to look at it
Old 01-28-2007, 03:43 PM
illegal1984
1st Gear Member

This car is awesome...not to knock the older Mustangs but I always thought to myself oh they're just nice cars...I was never born and bread on Mustangs as a kind butI remember when they introduced the concept for it thought it threw me for such a loop...I knew right there and then that when it came out that was going to be my car...I started saving and doing side work in 2004 all the way to the end of 2005 at $9 an hour while going to school to get my degree just to get one...Now that I'm out of school and have decently paying job I get to have even more fun modding it...I see all my friends getting Civics, Accords, Eclipses, etc. and I just wonder why they don't get it...the 05'-07' Mustang is a new classic!!!...I just hope that Ford as a whole is able to turn itself around because they are going through some horrible times right now...Viva La Mustang
Old 01-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Sniper308
2nd Gear Member

Well, one man's pig is another man's cheetah... or something like that... so, while I'm not slamming anyone's ride, I "personally" thought they DESTROYED the Mustang with the '74 model. I was born in '57 and grew up in a time when the (now) older Mustangs were "cool." Then, they just got better... the Mach 1 and so on... and even the early '70s ones were way super-cool. However... then came 1974's Mustang, and I damn near wanted to vomit... and for the next 30+ years, they've been... well... "distasteful"... to me. Then... "Steve McQueen and the cornfield"... and a real "the-way-they-should-have-looked-all-along" Mustang! I made no bones about it at all in telling my Ford dealership, when I was buying my used 2005 Mustang, that had Ford not DESTROYED the Mustang for the past three decades, they'd have sold a s**tload more of them over the years!!! (EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE SALES STAFF AGREED!)

So, I hope Ford is listening to us. I get worried when I see mock-ups of future Mustangs; it's like Ford is smoking "wacky weed" (again?) or something.

And more power to the guys who liked the '74 and up Mustangs... hey, whatever you like, that's what it's all about, right? Regardless, nothing, but NOTHING touches the S197 for "cool" and that's a fact!!!
Old 01-28-2007, 04:05 PM
illegal1984
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sniper308
I get worried when I see mock-ups of future Mustangs; it's like Ford is smoking "wacky weed" (again?) or something.
Co-sign...I keep seeing these new mock-ups and sketches and I'm hoping they don't flush what they have down the tubes...
Old 01-28-2007, 06:02 PM
cookiemonster
2nd Gear Member

On the other hand, it'll make our 05-07's worth alot more

Co-sign...I keep seeing these new mock-ups and sketches and I'm hoping they don't flush what they have down the tubes...
Old 01-28-2007, 06:52 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

The sales of the S197's have been one of few strong points for an otherwise ailing Ford, so I don't imagine there's any chance of this body design going away for quite some time.

As it's been mentioned in the upcoming-design threads, a lot of times car companies will go to great lengths to hide the actual design on their cars, so those "spy" pictures you're seeing are very likely inaccurate in terms of what the final product will be. And I've seen a lot of mock-ups and design drawings of our cars before they were put into production, and they ended up looking a lot better than the mock-ups would have you believe.

The only thing I would worry about as far as the S197's go is price. With the Camaro and Challenger coming out at much higher entry price points that the Mustangs, it's entirely possible Ford will increase the prices of even base model Mustangs to better fit into the neighborhoods of the Camaro and Challenger -- And this seems especially likely given Ford's horrible financial situation right now.

For the design itself, Ford has definitely hit a winner with this body style, and I can't seem them making any serious changes to it for a good 10 years or more.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:14 AM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Well, one man's pig is another man's cheetah... or something like that... so, while I'm not slamming any one's ride, I "personally" thought they DESTROYED the Mustang with the '74 model. I was born in '57 and grew up in a time when the (now) older Mustangs were "cool." Then, they just got better... the Mach 1 and so on... and even the early '70s ones were way super-cool. However... then came 1974's Mustang, and I damn near wanted to vomit... and for the next 30+ years, they've been... well... "distasteful"... to me. Then... "Steve McQueen and the cornfield"... and a real "the-way-they-should-have-looked-all-along" Mustang! I made no bones about it at all in telling my Ford dealership, when I was buying my used 2005 Mustang, that had Ford not DESTROYED the Mustang for the past three decades, they'd have sold a s**tload more of them over the years!!! (EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE SALES STAFF AGREED!)

So, I hope Ford is listening to us. I get worried when I see mock-ups of future Mustangs; it's like Ford is smoking "wacky weed" (again?) or something.

And more power to the guys who liked the '74 and up Mustangs... hey, whatever you like, that's what it's all about, right? Regardless, nothing, but NOTHING touches the S197 for "cool" and that's a fact!!!
I'm with you on that! I was just thinking, I started out with a '68 Cougar then got into Mustangs. I've had a '65, '75, '85, '05 as well as a bunch in between. As far as I'm concerned, they haven't produced a 'real' Mustang since 1973, (Some might even say '70)until '05 that is. Like I said, I've had a bunch of them. Some were fun to drive, handled well. Some weren't even bad looking, but the new ones are ALL MUSTANG again! ... Finally.