Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ok, I want a mustang....now what.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 05:32 AM
Lec

Default Ok, I want a mustang....now what.

Actually, I know, buy it of course.

Well, heres my situation. I am looking at an 08' model, The military has a special program with Ford (and others). We get below invoice prcing and preferred financing, and what not.

Anyway. I am stationed in Korea till December so I am looking to order an 08' model, in April (when Ford begins taking them.)

Any advice I could get would be appriciated. Plus any information anyone has on any changes on the 08' models.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:46 AM
illegal1984
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Ok, I want a mustang....now what.

lol well you know car salesman...try not to get ripped off...other than that I don't know of any real differences besides the 07' spoiler that came out last year...
Old 02-01-2007, 03:28 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

Why do you want an 08? If i were you i would go for a slightly used vehicle(saving thousands) and put the rest of the money into mods. I know you are making some bank over there. I was stationed in okinawa for a year and i was pulling in a little over 800 bucks every 2 weeks. I wasn't smart and i didn't start saving till my last 4 months on island. Even so, i was still able to save about $4,500. I would say save up as much as you can, get back to the states, and then look around. Those overseas sales are a rip!!! I know, i dropped about $600 on a cavalier, thank god i got some sense and walked away from that deal!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Sniper308
2nd Gear Member

Like the guy above me wrote, save money by getting a "new used" one... then put the money into mods. Ikid you not, if you buy a brand-spankin'-new one... you're going to have all your money going into car payments and living expenses, while looking around you... and at online forums... seeing all the "cool toys" everyone ELSE is putting on their cars because they have the money to do so and you don't... and you're going to bepretty depressed and mad at yourself -- and you'll STILL be making those "new car" car payments because you just HAD to have a "new" car.

I got a 2005 instead of a 2007 because I didn't want to pay for the value that you lose as soon as you drive it off the showroom floor. I bought a V6 instead of a V8 because it was, and IS, a major rip-off ($$$) just to get two extra cylinders. If you doubt me, go price V6s and V8s in the S197 series. Am I making car payments? Yeah, I am. However, am I able to afford a few mods now and then, because I didn't buy a NEW Mustang? Yeah, I am.

Your call.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:19 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Look for a leftover 2007 in September or so. They will know at least $2000 off the price. Look at the 2006 leftovers... there were some great sales there.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:32 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

If you can get an 08 id get it. They fix problems every year. The newer the better. I thought 08 was when the redesigned mustang came out but it may be 09
Old 02-02-2007, 12:06 AM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

Ok Guys the man said that Ford is doing a special program for military maybe he means that it's for the 08 model year. If thats the case and you want a V-6
Get the pony package .It come with GT suspention that handle alot better, Shaker 500 stereo, Leather seats, Fog lights 17 " GT wheels, And pony emblems and spoiler. Thats alot of upgrades for the cash they charge not to mention the added resale value.
Oh and if they'll do the military deal on a 06 or 07 you may want to look at that. I personaly would be careful about buying a "new-used" don't know what some crazykid may have done to it!! IMO
Thanks for your sevice Brother.......... US Army 78-81
Old 02-02-2007, 12:24 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

I'd bring me back I nice,clean,hot Korean woman if you don't alreadyhavea wife! lol I love all that stuff. +10000000 for asian woman [:-]lol JMO lol

Have fun getting a stang. You'll enjoy it.I'd get the grabber orange. I like that color.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Rogue24
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

If you can get an 08 id get it. They fix problems every year. The newer the better. I thought 08 was when the redesigned mustang came out but it may be 09
+1
Go with the '08, nothing like a brand new car!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pperin

Ok Guys the man said that Ford is doing a special program for military maybe he means that it's for the 08 model year. If thats the case and you want a V-6
Get the pony package .It come with GT suspention that handle alot better, Shaker 500 stereo, Leather seats, Fog lights 17 " GT wheels, And pony emblems and spoiler. Thats alot of upgrades for the cash they charge not to mention the added resale value.
Oh and if they'll do the military deal on a 06 or 07 you may want to look at that. I personaly would be careful about buying a "new-used" don't know what some crazykid may have done to it!! IMO
Thanks for your sevice Brother.......... US Army 78-81
sorry but I have to correct you here...its not GT suspention, its GT inspired suspension. and the pony package does not come with a shaker 500...thats seperate...leather seats? wtf are you on.

Quick Reply: Ok, I want a mustang....now what.