Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Car Got Wrecked 05 mustang black

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 02:29 PM
babyforcekid

Default Car Got Wrecked 05 mustang black

I had a 2005 Mustang black with double din screen and custome made subwoffer boxes on the side with jl audios. and i was at Best buy getting all that but in cause i work at best buy and all of sudden they guy tryed to test drive my car he was peeling out in it i had no idea what he was dong i was at work so i went back their and i was like a adam did you fix my head unit and he was like man i ****ed up i wrecked your car iw as like man wtf. And thishappen on friday and i was wondering my whole front end is messed up bad He said the Chasle or w/e on the passerger side that holds the wheel is about the beak and my tire and like bearly hanging I was wondering do yah think it is gonna get TOTALED i hope not cause im only 17 and i got that car for my 16 birthday i am so scared PLEASE POST
Old 02-04-2007, 02:34 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Car Got Wrecked 05 mustang black

First thing you should do is file a police report, also, were there whitnesses? Second, call your insurance company and get an adjuster out. It's hard to tell how much damage there is, and I don't know what your insurance company calls "totaled". For some, its 10k of damage, for others more or less. Have you looked at your insurance policy?
Old 02-04-2007, 02:39 PM
babyforcekid

Best buy insurance place is closed on the week ends my dads a lawyer he said on monday like monday morning e is going to file it and send all information to best buy insurance places. and MY Tire was competly Blownout liek big whole rim was bent bumper scrathec up pretty bad and they said my chaesle is about to fall out what theiy said best buy install guy HE WRKECED IT AND I FEEL SO SICK TO MY STOmACH I LOVED MY 2005 MUSTANG I WANTED ONE SINCE I WAS 11 years old
Old 02-04-2007, 02:44 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

You should still file a police report, get the guys information, etc. Were there any whitnesses? That is an important factor. You dad being a lawyer should have contacted the police. I wouldn't drive the car until you start the paperwork. You'll get through it. You know the guys full name, where he works oviously, where he lives, etc. Also, can you add a few periods to your posts, kinda hard to read (not trying to nit pick, just the run on sentances are a challenge).

If this ever happens to you again, the first thing you always do is call the police! Always remember that.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:48 PM
babyforcekid

my dad said their were no witness but he got pictures of the tire pictures of waht the car looked like all the tire marks all over theplace and he said you really can't do anything to anybody with a police report especially on private property i just want my car back its hard starting monday i have to ride the bus i was about to put a viper car alarm on my car to
Old 02-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

umm iunno man...sounds bad. Would really help if u posted pics.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:31 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

yea post some pics and make sure that guy doesnt leave town, u can make a report on private property, especially since u werent drivin it, come on man, use common sense, always file a police report if some messes up your car never leave the scene of an accident
Old 02-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Ry05Stang
2nd Gear Member

You needed to call the police. The first thing you do is call the police. When you call the insurance company, the first question they're going to ask you is the police report number, which you obviously don't have. Best Buy may be "private" property, but you can still call the police, so I don't know where your lawyer dad got that from. I got hit at a Wendy's before and when I called the police they didn't say "Can't come, Wendy's is private property"... sounds like you didn't want to get your friend in trouble with the law so you didn't call the cops
Old 02-04-2007, 03:37 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

You car doesn't sound like it will be totalled.. it takes a LOT of damage to total a car...

Old 02-04-2007, 04:10 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ry05Stang

You needed to call the police. The first thing you do is call the police. When you call the insurance company, the first question they're going to ask you is the police report number, which you obviously don't have. Best Buy may be "private" property, but you can still call the police, so I don't know where your lawyer dad got that from. I got hit at a Wendy's before and when I called the police they didn't say "Can't come, Wendy's is private property"... sounds like you didn't want to get your friend in trouble with the law so you didn't call the cops
exactly! first rule of ownin a car, never leave the seen of an accident and always call the cops if the car is pretty messed up and plan on reportin it to insurance. It looks bad if you call the cops later on another day to make the report, he needs to see the evidence and impact and the guy who was driving and get his information, also it would've helped you alot in not gettin your insurance raised because of that guy. any pics? and by any chance what did he hit? parked cars? or a pole? or the best buy wall? lol

Quick Reply: Car Got Wrecked 05 mustang black