Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

got the duals on!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Ry05Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default got the duals on!

First let me tell you, it's impossible to do this yourself unless you have a very high jack or a lift! I spent2 hours trying to get the old pipes out from underneath the car and it could not be done no matter what angles I put the car on.. I used 2 ramps and 2 jacks and tried every method I could think of and it would not go.

I had to take it to a muffler shop, who ripped me off, they charged me $150 to install this simple kit from ninosport. I was pissed, but what else could I do? I've been waiting for this thing for so long I just had to take it. Anyways, I used to have a single MRT exhaust and it was pretty loud and had a lot of interior noise. I'm using gt take-offs as my dual exhaust for now and it sounds great. I actually have a Y pipe, which I've heard doesn't sound good, but I like it a lot better than the single MRT. The ride is quieter than with the MRT (less drone inside I guess), but from outside it really sounds great now. I'll probably get a set of better mufflers sometime, would have been sooner if this guy didn't charge me $150 for a half hour worth of work. oh well, I'm happy now
Old 02-05-2007, 07:20 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default RE: got the duals on!

sound clip??
Old 02-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Ry05Stang
2nd Gear Member

way too cold outside right now
Old 02-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Ant69
2nd Gear Member

I just got these andthey sound awesome!

[IMG]local://upfiles/54712/6AE7E10306B14C0DB084668DA47FFC43.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-07-2007, 01:38 AM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

Those Rock!!!! Man I love Old School Rat Rods!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:31 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

I always wanted to do that....except have them coming outta the front fender right where for instance the GT badge would be, but have the flush with the fender.....pretty much just a straight pipe right out from the cylinder.....now that would be badass
Old 02-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Dineau
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ry05Stang

First let me tell you, it's impossible to do this yourself unless you have a very high jack or a lift! I spent2 hours trying to get the old pipes out from underneath the car and it could not be done no matter what angles I put the car on.. I used 2 ramps and 2 jacks and tried every method I could think of and it would not go.

I had to take it to a muffler shop, who ripped me off, they charged me $150 to install this simple kit from ninosport. I was pissed, but what else could I do? I've been waiting for this thing for so long I just had to take it. Anyways, I used to have a single MRT exhaust and it was pretty loud and had a lot of interior noise. I'm using gt take-offs as my dual exhaust for now and it sounds great. I actually have a Y pipe, which I've heard doesn't sound good, but I like it a lot better than the single MRT. The ride is quieter than with the MRT (less drone inside I guess), but from outside it really sounds great now. I'll probably get a set of better mufflers sometime, would have been sooner if this guy didn't charge me $150 for a half hour worth of work. oh well, I'm happy now
Ry05Stang, there was no way to get the old pipe out without a lift ?

As per Nino if you jack it high enough top let the axle drop completely you should be able to take it off ?

How have they done it in the muffler shop ?

Send us a picture from the finish product when you have a minute !

My kit is in the garage waiting for the install....
Old 02-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Ry05Stang
2nd Gear Member

On my car there was absolutely no way to get the old pipe out. Maybe your jack is higher than mine, I don't know.

Also, there is a very very annoying rattle now. I don't know if the shop tightened the screws or not. I went back there and the driver's side muffler is rattling and squeaking, I pressed on it and it moved fairly easy and squeaked, so next time I have a chance I'm going to go under there and check it out. It's dark outside now
Old 02-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Dineau
2nd Gear Member

That's bad if it's rattling !

Is it comming from the muffler itself or the Ninosport kit ?

Please let me know what you find so I can make sureI watch carefully when I install mine this weekend !

Looking forward for your feedback...

Dean
Old 02-08-2007, 12:38 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Sweet! Duals are an awesome mod for the stangs!

If I had headers like that in my stang coming from an Edelbrock engine I would be the happiest man on earth!... too bad they wouldn't fit [:@]lol

Quick Reply: got the duals on!