Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hesitation from stop light

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Dreamer

Default Hesitation from stop light

Hi everyone,
My wife's '05 V6 auto had the fuel pump replaced because of a TSB (hesitation after long drive and stopping at stop sign and hesitating on take off) Now it hesitates (since the fuel pump was replaced)almost all the time from a stop until it is completely warmed up. It also will do it after a good drive and then stop at a traffic light for awhile and then accelerate. This seems to only happen in first gear. Any thoughts on this would be deeply appreciated.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:37 PM
05mig6r
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Hesitation from stop light

There is a torque limiter with all of the 05 + mustang v6s. IT prevents us from really launching in first gear (in an auto). In order to get rid of this you have to get a tuner and then you will be good to go. I got an SCT xcal II and some tunes from a non sponsor of this site (just search for Doug on here and it will help, if you wanna know where I got it from pm me). MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE! I put an 87 performance tune, 93 performance tune, and a 93 torque tune on it. I can peel out in first now. The torque on the 93 performance is amazing and the shift points are so much stronger. It really is like driving a different car now. It feels so much closer to the 99-04 gts! Awesome.

That's what you need to get to make a Big Difference.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Dreamer

Thanks 05mig6r,
But, this is not from a launch. This is about half way thru first gear it falls on it's face and then picks up again.I would like to get this fixed before I add any mods/tuner. Thanks for your reply!
Old 02-09-2007, 12:10 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I really don't think modifying it with a tuner and intake is a solution. The bottom line is, the car shouldn't hang at all.

It would seem it's gone from bad to worse after the TSB. Back to the dealer with ya.. [X(]
Old 02-09-2007, 12:25 AM
Dreamer

Thanks SPARTAN V6,
I agree, but if they can't duplicate this hesitation they won't fix it because ford won't pay for guess work. Has this situation happened to anyone? That is the hesitation after starting out from a stop sign?
Old 02-09-2007, 07:18 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Long shot here... what if you put it in 1st and try manually shifting? Also, how many miles on the car?
Old 02-09-2007, 07:51 AM
Dreamer

Haven't tried that, but it happens before it shifts into second. I would say about 3000 rpm, maybe a little higher. Can't say it ever did it on kickdown or cruising at highway speeds. Just when I pull out in traffic and step on it a little. Very nerve racking.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Dreamer

Forgot - 11,000 miles on car.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:24 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dreamer

Haven't tried that, but it happens before it shifts into second. I would say about 3000 rpm, maybe a little higher. Can't say it ever did it on kickdown or cruising at highway speeds. Just when I pull out in traffic and step on it a little. Very nerve racking.
Ok.. sorry... but more questions... is this partial throttle or is this with your foot to the floor? The shifting is so smooth on a stock automatic is there any chance this is actually happening at the 1-2 shift? Would be interested to see if it does the same thing manually shifting...
Old 02-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Dreamer

Thanks scrming for trying to help,
When this happens it is about 1/2 - 2/3'sthrottle and does it in first at about 3000-3500 rpm from a stop.It's like running out of gas and then getting gas again so it doesn't kill. I haven't noticed this happening at any other gear just when starting out. I did take it into the dealer this morning. I hope they find something and will post the results if and when it gets fixed. Nobody else had this happen to them?

Quick Reply: Hesitation from stop light