Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Diablo Sport Predator (93 Tune)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 07:10 PM
05MineralGreyMustang
1st Gear Member

Default Diablo Sport Predator (93 Tune)

Hey guys ,
my mustang has a diablo sport flash tune with 93 octane - i set the tune to Stock airbox - Becuase they dont have my intake on the list i have a AEM Brute Force Intake .i paid 250.00 for it online . so what i did was today i tryed to tune it to 93 octane with C&L Intake instead of stock airbox remind you i still have the aem on there i just tuned it to C&L To see what would happen well i tryed to start the car . And my Exhaust sound the bomb i mean it sounds good now but when i tuned it to C&L It was unreal like better then a GT then i herd a CLUNK CLUNK and the car stalled
well i guess that tune wouldnt work unless you really have a C&L Intake ,. So im stock airbox again what should i do ?

A) Get a new intake like C&L
b)You can give me helpfull information
C)Leave it to stock air box cause the horsepower gain from switching to AEM To C&L Is not worth the money
D) Smash the car to little peices?
Old 02-10-2007, 07:19 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo Sport Predator (93 Tune)

Get the C and L CAI system. Then the tune will work. It's worth it. I have one along with duals and a posi-trac' differential.

Wanna see the difference in performance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN8qp33xN7U

Enjoy!
Old 02-10-2007, 07:25 PM
05MineralGreyMustang
1st Gear Member

wow... what is that posi-track differential explain ..also.I have duals...
Old 02-10-2007, 07:32 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Your car came with a stock independent slip rear differential. The diff' is what converts the drive shaft rotation into wheel rotation to keep it real simple.
Independent slip means your wheels will only spin or get power to them one at a time mostly in turns or when you're stuck in the mud or snow.
Limited slip or positive traction 'posi-trac' will make both wheels spin at the same time.
It only allows enough slip on turns so that you dont' drag one wheel during the turn. Otherwise both wheels are engaged full time. Power is evently distributed to both wheels no matter what, even if your stuck in mud or snow. Better chance of getting out of that mess or not getting stuck at all.
You can find out where to get the differential I have at rpmoutlet.com. Search under V6 Mustang upgrades. It's a Ford Racing posi-trac' differential. Comes complete ready to install but don't try it unless you know what you are doing. It has to be shimmed correctly during installation by a trained / experiencedprofessional.....like me ;-)
Old 02-10-2007, 10:44 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: 05MineralGreyMustang

Hey guys ,
my mustang has a diablo sport flash tune with 93 octane - i set the tune to Stock airbox - Becuase they dont have my intake on the list i have a AEM Brute Force Intake .i paid 250.00 for it online . so what i did was today i tryed to tune it to 93 octane with C&L Intake instead of stock airbox remind you i still have the aem on there i just tuned it to C&L To see what would happen well i tryed to start the car . And my Exhaust sound the bomb i mean it sounds good now but when i tuned it to C&L It was unreal like better then a GT then i herd a CLUNK CLUNK and the car stalled
well i guess that tune wouldnt work unless you really have a C&L Intake ,. So im stock airbox again what should i do ?

A) Get a new intake like C&L
b)You can give me helpfull information
C)Leave it to stock air box cause the horsepower gain from switching to AEM To C&L Is not worth the money
D) Smash the car to little peices?
Contact the tune shop who wrote the tunes for your Diablo. Ask if they can configure it to work with your AEM intake. If so, send the tuner back to them. Another choice would be to sell the AEM on schmeeBay, and buy a new C&L intake. I think you should have your tuner set up for the actual parts you are running.

My son & I installed a C&L intake and new tune on my coupe tonight. We just got back after breaking it in (I've been told after connecting the battery and loading a new tune to drive it hard so the ECM learns my driving style). WOW! The new tune (93 octane) and intake sure do wake the car up!

Hope you get your car set up!
Old 02-11-2007, 03:45 AM
mdmustang87

i had the aem and diablo, and just bought the c & l to replace it, definitely can see the difference with the tune specifically for the intake.