Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Boy Racer Rear Bumper only?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 08:05 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Boy Racer Rear Bumper only?

was going to order the dual conversion from nino but "their supplier is unreliable" so there goes that plan...for now.

Now im screwed b/c I dont know what to do, maybe a welded gt system back which will get pricy but w/e I need one now
Old 02-27-2007, 03:22 PM
FPN004

Wow nonstop, that GT 500 bumper looks amazing. Fits the car great. Good call!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:10 PM
M^2
1st Gear Member

That look really good man!
Does it make it more difficult to swap out the bumper after you put duals on? For instance would the placement of the mufflers need to be adjusted?
Old 02-27-2007, 09:15 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

...sorry I dont understand?

It is made for duals, and right now my single exhaust lines up fine in there
I am going to order my dual exhaust asap to fill the extra hole.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:50 PM
deutscherstang
I ♥ Acer

can you paint the GT500 bumper your car color, for example me tungsten grey..if so would it look wierd?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:56 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

It comes paint to match..bring it to the body shop, have them match the color and they'll paint. Just check around at gt500's in tungsten..I'll try and find a picture of one. This is the oem ford bumper. the black on the bottom is like that always...it is a plastic, not paint
Old 02-28-2007, 01:23 AM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wish i had a stang

Hello,

Is it possible to put on the rear bumper of the boy racer kit without the rest of the kit? I like the look of the rear bumper, but I don't want fender flares or side skirts. has anyone done this? Got any pics? Or will it just look like ***?

Thanks for the help,
Frank
hey man, i asked this same question about a year ago... DONT GO THERE haha... the boy racer bumper WILL NOT fit the car without the rest of the body kit. A guy sent me some pictures of an install of that kit. The bumper sticks out a good inch off of the stock body, so if you did not get the fender flares and everything else, it would look retarded. I love the look of it too, but my advise would be to go with the GT 500 bumper or the GT cali. package one... which i believe is the same bumper only painted differently. www.hillbankmotorsports.com they have the gt 500 rear bumper for the same price that Boy Racer would cost you anyway. good luck man. hope i helped.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:59 AM
M^2
1st Gear Member

I'm a bit confused. The pictures you posted of your stang show the bumper being black around the entire bottome of the bumper, but all of the pictures I come across of the bumper it shows the sides of the bumper being painted and only the back and bottom being black.
Can anyone explain this?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:03 AM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

that's the difference between the GT500 bumper and the GT Cali. package bumper (paint-wise anyway). The gt500 bumper is not painted along the bottom (all the way around the bumper) whereas the cali package bumper is pianted completely (except the air diffuser thing)
Old 02-28-2007, 11:51 AM
M^2
1st Gear Member

So then technically speaking this would be a California special bumper not a GT 500 bumper as it is posted on the sight?

Quick Reply: Boy Racer Rear Bumper only?